• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Waiting period for people with a criminal record?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumpkin

Inactive
Reaction score
No you're not excessively tired, you are seeing this as a duplicate thread, the last one was unanswered and locked.  If anyone can answer this question it would be great.  By answer I mean adding a link to the recruiting FAQ does not qualify; may as well post a link of dogs climbing trees for as much good as it will do.  It's a great resource but it does not come close to answering this question. Thanks in advance.

No one on this forum has yet defined a specific waiting period for such a generic request as "having a criminal record."  There are too many factors such as the nature of the criminal offences involved, when they occurred, whether pardons have been granted or being sought, etc., etc.  You will only get as specific answer for your specific case by consulting with a Recruiting Center.

And while I may not have taken this for a duplicate post, I will advise you that trotting out that attitude may result in a brief membership here.

Milnet.ca Staff

I didn't intend to have attitude in my post, if it was perceived that way, sorry.  It just seems that anytime a question is asked about criminal record someone always posts a link to the recruiting FAQ, and them someone else posts a metaphorical pat on the back and a thumbs up even though it doesn't answer the question.  I know it's always better to go in and ask a recruiter but I don't see much point in bothering them just to satisfy curiosity.

It just a question out of curiosity, when I got in I don't think there was a waiting period not that it pertained to me.  I had seen it mentioned on here before with no answer.  Say it was just something stupid like a DUI, or driving while suspended; everything else on the individual checked out ok, good head on their shoulders, good physical condition.  Just a hypothetical situation right.

Just a hypothetical situation right.

hypothetical... Riiiight... ;)

Hypothetically, I know that it would have been possible to be convicted of B&E at 18 years old in 2002 and then go through the recruiting process and start BMQ in 2003 provided that all legal obligations have been fullfilled (to include no probation) and the individual has since been an outstanding member of the community (as shown by 300+ hours of voluntary - not court ordered - community service).

Hypothetically speaking, avoiding probation in a situation like this could be done through a plea bargain with the help of a good lawyer, and an EX-Airborne cop who happens to be the guy who arrested you and who appears to have his own colourful history that the army had managed to straighten out 20 years before.

And hypothatically speaking this individual could go on to join the army and go on to do  at least fairly well at it.

Hypothetically speaking, of course.

But who knows, maybe the rules have changed since 2003.

Bumpkin,

I would not refer to an Imapired Driving charge as a "stupid thing."  Further, if I were a recruiter, i would look at someone with a Criminal Code charge of Driving While Prohibited as someone who clearly showed no accountability for there actions.  I could not tell you if there is a waiting period, But I sure wouldn't count on being fast-tracked.

Stu

Bumpkin said:
I didn't intend to have attitude in my post, if it was perceived that way, sorry.  It just seems that anytime a question is asked about criminal record someone always posts a link to the recruiting FAQ, and them someone else posts a metaphorical pat on the back and a thumbs up even though it doesn't answer the question.  I know it's always better to go in and ask a recruiter but I don't see much point in bothering them just to satisfy curiosity.

It just a question out of curiosity, when I got in I don't think there was a waiting period not that it pertained to me.  I had seen it mentioned on here before with no answer.  Say it was just something stupid like a DUI, or driving while suspended; everything else on the individual checked out ok, good head on their shoulders, good physical condition.  Just a hypothetical situation right.

Quite simply, if it's not enough to waste their time with a simple call, why should we indulge your inquisitiveness with a whole thread.

Make the call...........if you're really interested.

Locked.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back