• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NCM REG F 14 JAN 05 SELECTION RESULTS ARE NOW IN

kincanucks

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Some facts.

1940 people boarded and 125 selected (as fols):

15 Crewman (011)
19 Artillery Field (021)
3 Aviation Systems Technician (514)
3 Avionic Systems Technician (526)
3 Combat Engineer (041)
3 Communicator Research (291)
1 Cook (861)
3 FCS (434)
1 Hull Tech (321)
1 Image Tech (541)
5 Infantry (031)
2 LCIS (227)
3 Mar El (332)
8 Mar Eng (312)
3 Med Tech (737)
2 MSE OP (935)
4 NCIOP (275)
1 Nav Comm (277)
4 NESOP (276)
2 NET (A) (283)
2 NET (C) (284)
2 NET (T) (285)
2 NWT (065)
21 SIG OP (215)
3 Sonar Op (278)
1 Steward (862)
1 Supply Tech (911)
5 Traffic Tech (933)
5 Veh Tech (411)

For the rest of year 2004/2005 that only pretty well leaves some naval trades left to fill and those should be mainly filled through a big push in Halifax.

The unskilled applicants that were selected were in the Sig Op, FD Arty and Crewman trades.  Mostly skilled, semi-skilled and recruit school bypass applicants were selected in the other trades. :salute: :cdn:

If you don't see your trade on the list then it wasn't boarded probably because there are no positions for that trade until the new fiscal year. :salute: :cdn:

INGm said:
Is this the amount of people they recruited for each trade?

Not sure what you are asking but these are the numbers that were selected for each of the noted trades for this selection board.

kincanucks said:
3 Combat Engineer (041)

Combat engineer is 043.........

The old field engineer trade was 041 before the amalgamation with 042 FEE Op.......

I used to be 041/043

OK for example it states "5 infantry(031)"........does it mean that they recruited 5 people for that trade?  I hope that will clearify things. ;D

aesop081 said:
Combat engineer is 043.........

The old field engineer trade was 041 before the amalgamation with 042 FEE Op.......

I used to be 041/043

My bad.

INGm said:
OK for example it states "5 infantry(031)"........does it mean that they recruited 5 people for that trade?   I hope that will clearify things. ;D

Yes you can say they recruited  5 people for that trade this selection board.

they only picked 5 people for 031?

wtf is wrong with the army

I believe Kincanucks (if I can be presumptuous sir) is referring to the recruit intake for fiscal year 04/05 - fiscal years usually end march 31 and a new fiscal starts for 05/06 with a new intake for NCO open trades. 

I was hoping to get into 011 this round but was a last minute candidater but possibly next month or April, and am a little suprised about the number they hired. But I guess you can't pack almost 2000 people into St. Jean...or can they?

Question:
If say 4 of those 15 hired don't pass BMQ, will they only hire 4 on short notice that are boarded or will they fill their next quota upon next round?

-Buzz

Ghost said:
they only picked 5 people for 031?

wtf is wrong with the army

They picked 5 people for infantry this TIME!  There was at least four previous selection boards in which they chose the other infantry positions. Clear as mud?

Please God don't let me have to explain that again.

Ghost said:
Where do you get this information?

I get this information because I am privy to it.  If you people don't want me to post the selection results then I won't.

You're a brave man to be a recruiter on this site, sir cheers, mdh  :salute:

Buzz said:
I was hoping to get into 011 this round but was a last minute candidater but possibly next month or April, and am a little suprised about the number they hired. But I guess you can't pack almost 2000 people into St. Jean...or can they?

Question:
If say 4 of those 15 hired don't pass BMQ, will they only hire 4 on short notice that are boarded or will they fill their next quota upon next round?

-Buzz

They only hired 15 this time because that is all the positions that are left for this FY.  If they need more then they will probably be added to next FY intake.  Keep mind that these people that were selected may not be going to BMQ until March.

mdh said:
You're a brave man to be a recruiter on this site, sir cheers, mdh   :salute:

Thanks.  I thought I could help alleviate some of the mystery of recruiting but it can be a frustrating task sometimes. :salute: :cdn:

By all means, please post. But please also provide context. Are these basic recruit applicants "off the street", or are they trade reassignment files, or Component Transfers, or a mix? Arethese selected individuals the next 125 entering St jean? On what serials (if you know) so readers might know the next likely start dates (give or take a few weeks)? How often are these boards conducted, on average, for each trade? Iis this a normal intake for range of trades and numbers per trade? Or is it unique in some way? Why are some trades, the readers are likely waiting for not listed?  Remember you are offering raw data to many people to whom it has no contextual reference.

Alas you are a brave man, it opens you up to questions like this, why in the lords name is it so hard to get into armoured if you live in Newfoundland? Has there been mass allergic reactions between saltwater skin and black berets  :P I'm just wondering if you are privy to that as well, that's the trade I'm really interested in but every time I mention it to a recruiter I get the old puffed out cheeks, I don't know kinda look. Any thoughts? Thanks

kincanucks said:
They only hired 15 this time because that is all the positions that are left for this FY.  If they need more then they will probably be added to next FY intake.  Keep mind that these people that were selected may not be going to BMQ until March.

Excellent.  But why would I be told that I may end up getting an "offer" next month (February) when the fiscal year doens't start until April 1st?

Also, when you say selected..do you mean "merit list" or "offer"? Just need clarification....Thanks in advance
-Buzz

Back