• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NCM Open/Closed 2007/08

Thanks IAJG... good topic.
My 2 MOC choices are: 1.Tfc Tech 2.RMS.. hoping for traffic tech.. 24 seems kinda low or am I wrong (not sure how popular the trade is)?

What's the number for RMS?

Waiting for a call is the worst.. I reapplied Feb 15(after a vr), and was told last week that my VFS/all my old docs are done/ready and just gotta get called for the interview/medical.. hopefully the wait (after the int/med) for job offer is alot faster... sounds like it should be.

RMS Clk = 23
INT OP = 10
MP* = 114
Fire Ftr = 0

*nb. 2 year Criminology Diploma is a basic requirement.

NJL said:
Thanks IAJG... good topic.
My 2 MOC choices are: 1.Tfc Tech 2.RMS.. hoping for traffic tech.. 24 seems kinda low or am I wrong (not sure how popular the trade is)?

I suspect that it is a relatively 'normal' number: there has traditionally been the most need for the combat arms trades and that continues to be the case, with some exceptions (i.e., AVN and AVS).

Hi IAJG,

Although I am just a little too old to be rejoining,  ;D  I would be interested in knowing what the situation is with the Music trade(871, or whatever code they are using now). Regular Force,

Thanks  Drummy

Drummy said:
Hi IAJG,

Although I am just a little too old to be rejoining,  ;D  I would be interested in knowing what the situation is with the Music trade(871, or whatever code they are using now). Regular Force,

Thanks   Drummy

The number is 15, but it works a little differently than most other trades: applicants have to audition (twice, as I understand it).  ;)

I_am_John_Galt said:
The number is 15, but it works a little differently than most other trades: applicants have to audition (twice, as I understand it).   ;)

Thank you. 15 sounds about right seeing that we are down to 6 Reg Forces bands from 17.  :(  Not sure about two auditions though, Might be something new in the last 20 years or so.

Thanks again    Drummy

:skull: WARNING!  :skull:   Please be aware that these numbers are only for UNSKILLED NCM applicants! If you have former service, are going to OT or are a semi-skilled or Skilled applicant there is a different number of vacancies. Also note that the number of vacancies will very likely be adjusted as the year progresses. Bottom line if you are interested in a career go see someone at a recruiting centre.  :army:

CFR FCS said:
Bottom line if you are interested in a career go see someone at a recruiting centre. 

Yup, we've been telling people that since this forum started, but they keep coming here and asking the questions.  I suppose they will keep showing up here until we can send them online to a CFrecruiting.ca forum and they can hope to get some kind of an immediate answer there.

CFR FCS said:
:skull: WARNING!  :skull:  Please be aware that these numbers are only for UNSKILLED NCM applicants! If you have former service, are going to OT or are a semi-skilled or Skilled applicant there is a different number of vacancies. Also note that the number of vacancies will very likely be adjusted as the year progresses. Bottom line if you are interested in a career go see someone at a recruiting centre.  :army:

Worth repeating!

Towards_the_gap said:
cbt engr?

Lots (see first post) ...

Back