• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Naval Electronics Technician - Communications

luckied

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello there,

It appears those who read my previous post misunderstand my situation. I deeply regret that I wasn't online sooner to respond and perhaps save my thread. Nevertheless, I have decided on a trade! I'm going to shoot for the NE-TECH(C) trade after speaking with a Recruiter today.

She was very kind and understanding to my situation. She took the time to sit and go through my application process with me and understand what I want to achieve. My goal was not to ask for someone to help me with a "moral decision" but simply for those who have been in my shoes to lend some advice, guidance and even constructive criticism when necessary.

I have decided to go through the application process and start out with the Reserve Forces. Seeing as how the concensus on this forum (as well as at the Recruiting Center) is that it takes a LONG time and patience is the best ally for this process; I will take the "waiting time" and go get the missing pre-requisites I need for high Math as well as physics.

Here's my question/concerns which I'd like to ask for help (once again, not for moral support - as stated in my previous post:

1) I have decided to eventually join the Regular Forces. It's not that I was "afriad" of going overseas. I am only worried that being so young, many will have the same attitude as those who answered my previous post. I'm not trying to demand respect for I know my ignorance and where I'm strong. Certainly I would not be posting if I was any kind of "know it all"... In the end, I want to take the advise of my girlfriend and those who replied and effectively, "Grow some balls" in standing up for my beliefs. What are the reasons you guys have found/find that motivate and keep you from "burning out" during such intense stress?

2) I want to reach out to anyone who works/ has experience in my chosen field and let me know what your thoughts/ opinions are of this trade. It looks amazingly cool! I am so excited to get my courses completed just for the chance (the sheer chance) of being granted such an incredible oppurtunity! Please help me and advise how I can better myself for the future?

Thank and much appreciated!

Best regards,
Darin Luckie

luckied said:
What are the reasons you guys have found/find that motivate and keep you from "burning out" during such intense stress?

The thought of knowing what I'm doing, and the associated pride of knowing I'm serving :cdn: is what keeps me motivated.
You gotta really be doing this for the right reasons (Not doubting yours), and if you are, any wait of time will be worth it.

luckied said:
Hello there,

It appears those who read my previous post misunderstand my situation. I deeply regret that I wasn't online sooner to respond and perhaps save my thread. Nevertheless, I have decided on a trade! I'm going to shoot for the NE-TECH(C) trade after speaking with a Recruiter today.

She was very kind and understanding to my situation. She took the time to sit and go through my application process with me and understand what I want to achieve. My goal was not to ask for someone to help me with a "moral decision" but simply for those who have been in my shoes to lend some advice, guidance and even constructive criticism when necessary.

I have decided to go through the application process and start out with the Reserve Forces.

You are aware that NE Tech (C) does not exist in the Naval Reserve world, right?

Occam said:
You are aware that NE Tech (C) does not exist in the Naval Reserve world, right?

Yes, I am aware of that. Thanks for the reminder! I'm applying for NAV COMM in the Reserves but after speaking with the Recruiter, she informed me that since the process of Recruiting for both the Reserves AND the Regular Forces is the same, all I need to do is go through and work on the pre-requisites I'm missing. Then, if I'm fortunate enough to make it into the Reserves, I will later make a transfer into the Regular Forces...

However, after reading on these forums I have been getting mixed ideas. Could someone please help clarify this? If I go into the Reserves now and wish to transfer into the Regular forces later, is it true that this may take months/years in order to accomplish?

Also, since I currently work full-time and will be taking evening classes for my Math/ Physics...will that cause a problem with the Reserve Force or should I simply try to cancel the application and create a new one for Regular Forces now?

Please advise! Recruiters seem to be giving me mixed information so I'm a little confused. Plus, I've been in the building almost every day for a few weeks and do not wish to appear pushy or edgy, I'm, just really anxious, nervous and excited to serve my country and do somethig with REAL meaning!

Truth, duty, Valor!

Best regards,
Darin Luckie

Back