• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MOC training

Tpr.Orange

Inactive
Reaction score
How hard is MOC training...I am a R421-Weapons Tech (Land)

I haven‘t really heard much about the training for the MOC? Is it very physical ? are you still doing PT every morning? Or am i going to be in classrooms and doing shop work all the time?

Anyone with experience in this field would be great! thanks for the replies in advance

Don‘t sweat it. BMQ training‘s going to focus on getting you used to the system and what‘s required of you. As for your MOC training. It isn‘t combat arms, so it‘ll ease off a bit and focus on the trade. I don‘t have direct experience with your trade, so I‘m not going to pretend I know something about that.

Just focus on the job at hand on a day by day basis and you‘ll be fine. Enjoy the training, once it‘s past a part of you will miss it. (Not a big part :D ) but enjoy nonetheless.

I‘d be more concerned with your other problems which will affect you more. You need to address these immediately Orange.

Go find some Sleeman‘s Pale Ale and try watching a Canucks game :D

Canucks in sudden death over Nashville (ok, not much of a challenge) but still :D

How‘re those Leafs doing?

<--Canuck fan.

Leafs may beat the canucks once n awhile, but when it comes to playoffs... we all know THEY LOVE TO CHOKE!! :D

the Maple leafs can play hockey when they want to but when they start winning..they screw around and play like idiots

Hey dont knockem they are off to a great start! except for a couple of injuries soon enough the main guys will be back putting up major points

Oilers! yeah!!!

ha, yeah.. I‘m laughing too.

I meant to say "OT" the other night, not "Sudden Death" my bad.

Not a bad game tonight. I had to leave the pub in the 3rd and they were 2 - 0 over your Oilers Korus.

As for the choking, I honestly hope that they can shake that this year. Cough, cough...

excellent choice for a trade. I hope you are good at school! I am a Naval weapons tech and you will have to study.
good luck

Tpr. Orange,

I waited a bit before answering you as I don‘t have any experience in the reserve world in weapons courses. When I did my three‘s (a long time ago)there was a PT program in Borden but it was quite lame (read: water polo, badminton, volleyball, etc.). No idea what they do now for PT, if any.

You will have to study for this course. Take it seriously as you will usually have less hands-on training during your four‘s in the reserve. As far as I know, unless you are offered a reg force course, you will be only on the small arms side. Armament is left to the reg force usually. Again, if any of this information is incorrect someone please let me know.

Jill

Weapons techs and armorers (armorors?) are the best friends of the infantry all the time. Don‘t worry about passing or failing, as I‘ve posted elsewhere, your problem isn‘t going to be "keeping up", it‘s going to be "getting it straight"

My roomate in Valcatraz, for a while, was a weapons tech. He is probably going to be one of your sergeants by the time you get there. He is a good sh*t. You ought to learn a lot from him.

God luck. Ruck on.

on my MSE OP reserve 3A‘s and 3B‘s (dont ask..) we did pretty simple PT on the 3A‘s alot of Beach volleyball outside the fittness center, every friday was the CFSAL Run, (not exactly difficult but a bit of a challenge) last PT on the course we went to Wassaga Beach for a few hours.. so it was pretty max relax. as far as accuall training goes, we had to worry more about knowing our job then being in tip top shape. the 3B‘s were run by an Regular AirForce MSE OP from my unit. the PT was Running every couple days for the first 2 weeks, but once we got driving the HLVW‘s more often PT was pushed aside in favour of more driving time and rest for the troops.

honestly.. its all mind over matter.. not matter what you should be able to do your course as long as you stay switched on and always do your best.

as i said before. and as other have said before me. dont worry about PT. worry about knowing your trade.. trust me. in a support role as you and I play, fittness(although very important as a member of the CF) is secondary to knowing how to fix a buggered up C7

Back