• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MNVG's

Peace

Inactive
Reaction score
What are people thoughts on the MNVG's?
I used them in Meaford for SQ and was told that the CF is still in the incorporation to use phase of them.
I thought they were OK but gave you the "worst" of each world.  At the same time tho you at least HAD both worlds... the naked eye and the night vision.

The PVS-14 MNVG is a excellent system.  It is NOT as good as dedicated dual tube NV - but those systems are doubly as expensive...

For non SOF and Pilots - the PVS-14 and PVS-18 MNVG's are the best you will get.

The PVS-14 is an excellent system,much better than the PVS-5xx series,too bad the CF did not have the forsight to purchase weapons mounts for them though ::)

MG34 -- I am not so sure - I've used three different model of PVS-14/18 weapons mounts - all they do if make an Okay static weapons platform -- I still think the head mount is the best method in conjunction with PEQ-2 / PAC-4.

I had wished we bought into PEQ-2B or ATTILA instead of the PEQ-2A though

Peace - MG34 and I have been exposed to them for the past few years -- I had a set at G8 in 2002.

The old 504 it replaced with cyclops vision was the worst of all worlds - no depth perception and poor quality tube.  PVS-7D's are the same idea but with the III+ gen tube of the PVS-14D (CF MNVG) - they are okay for somethings - but I prefer the MNVG.

If you run the MNVG on your weak eye you can aim with the LAD/CLAD (PAC-4C / PEQ-2A) and yet use your master eye for other things.  For doorkicker stuff you should to go white light anyway.  With Insight 50/50's or PVS-21's you gain both eyes and binocular vision and less headaches from eye strain - but at twice the cost and if you dont rate Flight Pay or Assaulter allowance the CF ain't getting them for you.

I remember the OLD dual tube head mount systems (took about 10min to focus them at one range (each eyepiece had to be focused) - let alone using them dynamically) And MAJOR honeycombing...  12 years ago that was state of the art for us.

Back