• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Milnet mock Election

Who will you vote for?

• Conservative

Votes: 83 70.3%
  • NDP

Votes: 17 14.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • liberal

• Other (please specify)

• Total voters

Bike to Live

Inactive
Reaction score
My first post!

I want to say that I would be voting conservative.

But I have another idea, what if all the Veterans and Service Men / Women, Get together and form our own party.

"The Veterans Party of Canada"
"Canadian Military Rights Foundation"
"Canadian Military Rights Party of Canada"

I realize we will never get a majority, but we could hold a few seats in parliament that influence the House of Commons.

We could stand up for: Pension, Health Care, Disability, New equipment, and anything else we believe in.

Thanks,
~Josh

I voted "other".

I vote the same way every election: by secret ballot.

Edit to add for clarity: I have already cast my ballot.

If I wasn't 17.. I'd be voting Conservative! But I still agree with A-LOT of the NDP values..

- Mike

canada94 said:
If I wasn't 17.. I'd be voting Conservative! But I still agree with A-LOT of the NDP values..
- Mike
Like? How would you pay for them?

recceguy said:
Like? How would you pay for them?

Haha no some specific moral values.

None of the tax and spend values. Economically I am purely Conservative (from my understanding of the economy anyways).

I believe in a new system of controlling marijuana. I believe that those terminally ill deserve doctor assistance if they wish to end their own life. I believe in "some" and by some I mean a very limited amount, of environmental protection beyond what we are doing now. etc.

- Mike

Bike to Live said:
My first post!

I want to say that I would be voting conservative.

But I have another idea, what if all the Veterans and Service Men / Women, Get together and form our own party.

"The Veterans Party of Canada"
"Canadian Military Rights Foundation"
"Canadian Military Rights Party of Canada"

I realize we will never get a majority, but we could hold a few seats in parliament that influence the House of Commons.

We could stand up for: Pension, Health Care, Disability, New equipment, and anything else we believe in.

Thanks,
~Josh

So considering that the Canadian forces (according to Wikipedia which is never wrong) are about just shy of 100,000 strong between reg and reserves. Canada is around what? 35,000,000 people. With those numbers in mind and personnel being spread all across the large nation, how would this party get seats, maybe just maybe you'll win if a riding was limited to an area where only military personnel live, but wouldn't a seat or two not yield much in results for that community.    Nice idea but as someone who studies this I don't think it'd work well for its desired goals of implementing policy for veterans or service men/women(atleast not in the FPP system).

Back