• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Members of 2RCR going to Germany?

saki

Inactive
Reaction score
hi all. its been a tough 28 weeks especially the last 13 weeks in meaford where i am only 1 week away from being a royal canadian. many of you know what i am talking about. anyways, i am sure many of you have heard about guys from 2RCR who are supposed to be headed to germany around the 8th of september. I went through of some administrative things like them starting work on my passport and such weeks ago. I havent asked about what were going to do in germany, but i am wondering if anyone knows whats going to go on over there. sorry to sound un-informative but i v been busy with other things.

i think i have a concussion, cqc beats the shit out of ya, hell day should be a blast.

saki said:
hi all. its been a tough 28 weeks especially the last 13 weeks in meaford where i am only 1 week away from being a royal canadian. many of you know what i am talking about. anyways, i am sure many of you have heard about guys from 2RCR who are supposed to be headed to germany around the 8th of september. I went through of some administrative things like them starting work on my passport and such weeks ago. I havent asked about what were going to do in germany, but i am wondering if anyone knows whats going to go on over there. sorry to sound un-informative but i v been busy with other things.

i think i have a concussion, cqc beats the shit out of ya, hell day should be a blast.

You are going on a NATO Exercise.  Nothing special about that.

Sounds like the old Fall EX to me (or so I've been hearing round these parts)

Fall EX / Reforger ... lotta fun... lotta good training over the years.

SAy hi to the barmaids at Tiffany's from all us old farts.  8)

Danjanou said:
SAy hi to the barmaids at Tiffany's from all us old farts.  8)

And remember no "Coates" are to be left behind....  ;D

saki said:
especially the last 13 weeks in meaford where i am only 1 week away from being a royal canadian. many of you know what i am talking about.

You're on 37 then?  I graduated on 36 and spent a week in batallion before I was put on my summer leave.  By now I guess you'd have figured some stuff out seeing as I'm replying pretty late, but when I arrived I was told a few things about the ex but nothing that actually tells me anything...

It will be dismounted, attached and detached with other nation soldiers (this sounds like it would cause havoc), a trip to Nuremberg at the end, not in the field the whole time, and a warrant said something along the lines of "it should be an easy...well not easy but a fun exercise."

I think it's a Partnership for Peace thing - there was alot of blathering going on about it when I was in Gagetown at the end of July (tasking bricks and such for the medical side of things).

MM

It's an ABCA Ex.  (Australia, Britain, Canada, America)  Troops from all the countries doing trg together.  I'm fairly confident we'll be working with other troops, but not intermixed (troops swapped between Coys etc...)  So far I've heard of the 2 days leave, and a sports day.  That's it so far for non-ex activities.  The Ex itself will have set up, Pl Activities, Coy, activities, and a combined Ex.

I think a combined ex/NATO ex in another country would be fun and be good for the experience.  Its not everyday we get to do these things.

Lone Wolf Quagmire said:
I think a combined ex/NATO ex in another would be fun and be good for the experience.  Its not everyday we get to do these things

True enough. I guess i'm just too well assimiliated. Its just not that uncomon for us.

Lone Wolf Quagmire said:
I think a combined ex/NATO ex in another would be fun and be good for the experience.  Its not everyday we get to do these things

From the looks of it, this the first FTX the OP will be going on with the Bn after MOC training.  Maybe those of us that have exchanged our boots a few times (or many many times in some cases  ;D) are missing the excitement the OP has over completing trng and being part of a Bn/Sqn/etc on something like this for the first time...

I never made a flyover or posting to 4 CMBG but if I had a chance to get on this one...I'd go.

FWIW....he's just a youngin'.   ;)

Agreed.  I'm looking quite forward to it as a chance to hone my new skills, but not possibly get anyone hurt if I screw up.

Harris said:
Agreed.  I'm looking quite forward to it as a chance to hone my new skills, but not possibly get anyone hurt if I screw up.

What?

It's an Exercise, not the sandbox.  Since I'm new to my speciality, I'd rather learn on Ex than for real.  Any experience is good experience IMO.

Back