• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MARSOC Ditching MultiCam and Going Back to MARPAT and OD 782 Gear

dimsum

Army.ca Myth
Mentor
Reaction score
The was was a reason the US Army went to a yellow tag on their fatigue shirts and combat jackets in the mud 50 's.
They were tired of Newspaper editors identifying almost any picture of troops as Marines. ..
Seriously true story.

All of the US uniformed services (including NOAA, etc that you don’t usually see in uniforms) already have their title on the shirts.

MARSOC proving once again that they can ride the short bus too.

Rather than use either MC or service common USMC items they waste their SOF specific funding for useless projects.
I mean hell, they are talking about getting OD gear again.

cue emptying of Army surplus stores nationwide

So, we will be going back to 1960 style OG combats shortly, too?
Field Summer Olive Drab (FSOD aka Bush Dress). Worked for me.

pic17.jpg

🍻

MARSOC proving once again that they can ride the short bus too.

Rather than use either MC or service common USMC items they waste their SOF specific funding for useless projects.
I wonder if this is a bottom up decision from the troops or some senior bureaucrat minded leader decision to be and look more "marine"?

I wonder if this is a bottom up decision from the troops or some senior bureaucrat minded leader decision to be and look more "marine"?
I’d highly doubt it has anything to do with the troops.

MARSOC consists of 3 MSOB’s and a Reg’t HQ. Normally a 3 BN force isn’t commanded by a 2*

MARSOC has been seizing defeat from the jaws of victory for the last 5-6 years.

I’d highly doubt it has anything to do with the troops.

MARSOC consists of 3 MSOB’s and a Reg’t HQ. Normally a 3 BN force isn’t commanded by a 2*

MARSOC has been seizing defeat from the jaws of victory for the last 5-6 years.
The USMC has a powerful marketing machine behind them which had made them near impossible to touch in some ways.

While fantastic for the institution, it's also led to some unique projects being approved for the lovable crayon eating death machines that are pretty capital intensive given their scope and purpose. (Ie CH-53 King Stallion, F-35B, etc)

Back