• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Marine wife accused of poisoning husband

emmiee

Inactive
Reaction score
Being new, I really didn't know where to post this.

This happened Dec 15, 2005 and reported by MSNBC and other resources.

Posted on 12/15/2005 12:01:40 PM PST by Coyoterex

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10479896/from/RS.2/

I won't post the entire article but the synopsis is;
Marine Sgt. Todd Sommer, 23, died in February 2002 in his home at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar in San Diego. His death initially was ruled a heart attack, but tests of his liver later found levels of arsenic 1,020 times above normal, court documents show. Arsenic is a colorless and usually tasteless poison that causes stomach distress followed by death.

Upon further investigation, following a lengthy investigation by military and civilian authorities, the San Diego County Medical Examiner concluded in October 2005 that the cause of death was acute arsenic poisoning.

His wife, Cynthia Sommers was arrested when prior to his death she scheduled herself for breast augmentation surgery(boob job)  and an internet dating service, also purchasing higher priced items. To read the full story follow the posted link
But Todd Sommer’s death left his widow a $250,000 lump-sum payment from his servicemember’s life insurance policy as well as a $6,000 death gratuity, according to Terwilliger. She also was entitled to receive $1,871 a month from the Department of Veterans Affairs.

“Cindy’s excuse for the lifestyle she started living after (her husband) died was that he was very strict, he didn’t like for her to go out partying, staying out with friends,” said former Marine Brent Applebee, who told military investigators the widow showed him her still-taped up breasts.

I remember a similar case in 1978 at Homestead AFB. Came home and found my next door neighbor unconscious in a pool of vomit. His wife loaded the cool aid with nicotine and left the area. Police found her down in the keys a couple of weeks later

Back