• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Magic Tricks

tmapplepeel

Inactive
Reaction score
By any chance, do you guys know any magic tricks? (Preferably Science Related) I need it for a project.

Cherrio,  :salute:

Take a shot glass of Kahlua, and one of Irish Creme.  State you can transfer the contents of one shot glass too the other using nothing more than a drivers licence(or similar laminated card).  Place the card securely on top of the shot of Kahlua and flip the glass on top of the shot glass of Irish Creme.  When its on top, pull the card out just enough to make a small opening between the glasses.  The difference in specific density between the liquors will draw the Kahlua to the bottom and force the Irish Creme to the top.  The difference in color makes for a cool effect.

They completely disperse into the seperate glasses without mixing(if you do it right).

Yeah that's a great suggestion lol, I hope this is a high school science experiment.  ;D

...and here's me thinking you were just going to say; take a shot glass of Kahlua, and one of Irish Creme tell and them you will make them both disappear in a matter of seconds  ::)

Take an empty 2 liter plastic bottle (coke, pepsi, etc) put some baking soda in it. Then, quickly pour vinegar in the bottle and close it with a balloon. The balloon should inflate as the chemical reaction produces gas. Kinda cool trick hahaha
Unfortunately, you won't get drunk with this one...

good luck!  >:D

Edited for spellling

They completely disperse into the seperate glasses without mixing(if you do it right).

Yes, I got that part, but how do you seperate the glasses without spilling the contents?

Britney Spears said:
Yes, I got that part, but how do you seperate the glasses without spilling the contents?

When you pull the card to allow the two liquids to interact, he said you leave "a small opening," so I would assume you could just basically push the card back between them, flip the top glass over again, and voila, you can get drunk!

When you pull the card to allow the two liquids to interact, he said you leave "a small opening," so I would assume you could just basically push the card back between them, flip the top glass over again, and voila, you can get drunk!

but if you left any kind of opening the contents would flow out of it and not into the other glass!

IAW with the board regulations, I request a verifiable external source to support this claim.

I saw it in a Bill Nye video..does that count?

..I am so going to try that Kahlua trick the night I get sworn in.

I stole the idea from Maxim Magazine.  And I performed it one night for Devil39, so if he's around he can testify as to my greatness.

Thanks for the Ideas guys. Any tricks not involving liquor? (As I cannot get hold of it) I'm wondering if that trick with Kahlua and Irish Creme would work with liquids of differnet consistencies. Is Kahlua or Irish Creme like molasses or oil? If it is that would make it too obvious. The vinegar and baking soda one is a good idea, but its overused  :crybaby: (u can also use it to make a fire extinguisher) Anyways, thanks for the ideas, really appreciated.

P.S. I posted this so I could check it out at school and all the students around me went on to army.ca too cause they found how cool the idea was!

Cheerio.

As a kid I used the baking powder and water (or baking soda and vinegar) combination in conjunction with 35mm film containers and a length of PVC pipe to make a toy mortar.... 

Haha Roko that is hillarious yet smart. I guess you could also have a length of pvc pipe and a projectile and then use the baking powder as a the gunpowder and vinegar as the spark. An instant musket! I gotta try that soon.

Posting instructions on how to construct explosive devices (and yes, what you are describing is an explosive device) is not illegal, however I don't believe this is the proper forum for this.
Max penalty is five years for possession without a legal excuse of an explosive device.

Oooooohh, heard Bill Nye was on the list of known terrorists for posting kitchen sink, high school science experiments on the internet. 12 metric tons of baking soda and 4 tanker trucks of vinegar are rumoured to be enough explosive to take out the Downtown Mission. That is if you can cap it all fast enough after mixing them. ;D

Yeah it's all pretyy much fun.  Keep in mind that these reaction bombs can still kill or maim people in certain circumstances.

Back