• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

looking for curent 28th medical company members

dont.get.it.48

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for anybody who is currently in the 28th medical company.
I'm 16 so I've never had any medical training before. I was reading a page off of the CFHS site and (correct me if I'm wrong) it said that if you never had any previous midical training in the civilian world, you would only get minimum training. If this is true could i still be a medical technician and be deployed somewhere's? (going to applie in the reserves)
I'm probably missing a vast amount of information on all this.
if anyone could tell me what I'm missing that would be awesome.

I also read somewhere that it takes 400+ days to be a qualified medical technition. How would the training be done in the reserves?
any information would be really appreciated

thanks for all your help
Nick

Hello Nick. While I am not a memeber of the 28th medical company I am currently undergoing the recruitment process to become enrolled as a reserve medical technician with this verry company. To answer your question, you will first undergo Basic Millitary Qualification, wich is designed to introduce and orient you to military life. This course lasts 20 days. After successfull complition of this course you will undertake your Soldier Qualification Course which will give you the rank of soldier in the Army. After this course, the medic training (or trades course) gets underway and is done over a few summers. And I think its pretty gutsy to do this at 16. I admire your courrage and if you have annymore questions or concerns, tuesday is the training day at the company and the regiment is located on Alta Vista drive in Ottawa (just take the 129 bus to Hurdman and then transfer on the 8) or contact the CF recruiting center (77 Slater, Ottawa Ontario). Best of luck and hopefully we'll be able to meet if we both get inĀ  :)

Back