• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

living in Quarters

zein

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi All,

I wonder if somebody may help me with that. I will go to St Jean in Jan 2006 and from what my recruiter told me I understood that as a married person I  do not pay a rent fee for the quarter provided I can show a lease of my current residence. Now in my case the lease is under my Wife's name so do u thing I have to switch it from her name to mineto be waived the quarter living fee.
MAny thanks in advance for replying.

The lease does not have to be in your name. Bringing a copy of your marriage certificate with her name on it as well as a copy of the lease with her name on it will suffice. As long as you are maintaining (ie paying a lease/mortgage) for your dependants (your wife will now become one), you will not have to pay rations and quarters for yourself. :salute:

i didn't know that? So does this rule apply for common law relation ships too. Also After I get posted since i have a girlfriend will i be able to get a house on base or will i get an apartment or what how does all this work, as well as do i get an allowance or whatever for my girlfriend while i am away?

If you are legally common law this will apply too. Give your recruiting centre a call and they will tell you exactly what you need.

M payne,
The way it works atleast in Pet, is that if you are posted here and are common law or married you qualify for a Pmq. It used to be that if you were just married or common Law and no kids then apartment is most likely what you got. Now that the rent has increased so much it had driven most soldiers out of the q's therefore freeing up tons of places. Your chances of getting a decent townhouse are really good. Good luck!

armyvern said:
The lease does not have to be in your name.........

Many thanks for this valuable piece of information. :salute:

ok thanks for the quick reply i am crossing my fingers that i am sent to pet!

Back