• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Life in the CAF (Infantry DEO)

andyyy_13

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was curious if anyone here, perhaps some of the senior members, have been in the infantry or infantry officer. I would love to know more about life in the forces as an Infantry officer:

• What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
  • How often do you get relocated?
  • How often do you go on courses or exercises?
  • Is it feasible to have a gf or wife while in the CAF, and what does that look like?

Any other info that would be beneficial to a potential future recruit will be great!

Thanks in advance.

In the infantry you get relocated less, because you tend to belong to aa regiment your entire career. As an officer you might get moved for experience, but still not as a support trade, so maybe once or twice in your earlier career and then maybe to Ottawa or another command post later, much later.
There are people in Petawawa at 1RCR or 3RCR that have been here for 10+ years.
  • Is it feasible to have a gf or wife while in the CAF, and what does that look like?
Having a gf or wife is just as feasible as having a boyfriend or husband. There are lots of people with relationships in the CAF. The key is that your spouse needs to be able to manage things on their own with little support from you at times. On exercise or on deployment, you may or may not have much time to call or text, and if they are extremely dependent on you they will have a hard time. As for what it looks like, it look slike any other relationship as much as that is possible? Once you are done training, you can live with them if you choose in a RHU/PMQ, an apartment you rent in town, or a house you rent or purchase in town.

Hello everyone,

I was curious if anyone here, perhaps some of the senior members, have been in the infantry or infantry officer. I would love to know more about life in the forces as an Infantry officer:

• What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
  • How often do you go on courses or exercises?

Any other info that would be beneficial to a potential future recruit will be great!

Thanks in advance.

Best. Job. Ever.

And some other stuff.

Someone more helpful will likely be along in a minute ;)

Back