• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Last day as a civilian

• Thread starter Thread starter Pent
  • Start date Start date
P

Pent

Well its now officially my last day as a civilian, hopefully for the next 25 to 30 years. And i just wanted to wish the best of luck to all the people still trying to get in, and to the people i will be going to basic with. Some times it looks like you will never get in. But if you wait it will come. I had to wait 17 months.

My trade is going to be armoured. Kind of sad that we are getting rid of the Leopard. It's what drew me to the armoured core ever since i seen it as a child. But the leopard was the vehicle of my fathers time in the armoured core. And i can only look forward to new things to come.

And once again to the people still trying to get in. Don't give up hope. I believe there's nothing more honorable then to be part of the armed forces. Good luck.

Good luck while training and during your career Pent...and hopefully see you soon :salute:

congrats and good luck, i have 8 days till civillian life is over and a new chapter begins in my life :gunner: :akimbo: :flame: :mg: :sniper: :cam: :rocket:

Good luck bros. Remember to clean your soap.

Im serious. :-\

:salute:Congrad's Pent and thank you for the encouraging words....I'm on the merit list and still waiting may I ask how long you were on the list before you got the call?? Good luck to you and again thanks! Now back to the waiting game!

catherine

Good luck...No going back now....

When you want to wrap ur T*ts in and you think you have had enough....think of Canada that will get you through.

Marine837M

I guess you cant really say an average waiting time. You can get in right after your stuff gets approved. or you could be waiting 2 years. its hard to say.
I signed at the worst time for my trade. It closed the day after i was done all my testing. i actually had to do my testing over again because it expired from the time i waited. i think the time you wait really depends on the trade. my friend that applied the same day i did came home from Haiti today. i finished my retesting in April and i got my call July. i think my new paperwork went threw fast that time because nothing changed. and it was all approved before. so i finished testing in April and got the call in July. i don't know what time all the stuff was approved and they put me on the waiting list. I never called them up asking about that.

good luck man, have fun, work hard, and have a great career. i can't wait till i drop my "civi" tag, haha

Im a member of the Canadian forces now ;D . getting sworn in took about 4 hours...thanks for all the replys.
Best of luck to everyone.

Back