• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

just wondering......

cheyenene

Inactive
Reaction score
hello my name is cheyenene dobson, i was just wondering if anybody had some good stories of my parents mary-lou barbier and bill dobson. everytime i ask about what germany was like, they always say that they can't remember.
thankx

Hmmmm....maybe they just think that is none of your business.  I know that my parents didn't tell me everything that happened in their life, nor do I tell my child everything about my life. 

Not called for beach bum.

Hey Chey. You know I knew both of your parents. I can understand totally you wanting to know about their lives in Germany.

Know your dad and mom I doubt very much if they would care what you heard about their time before you arrived.

Your Dad was a fun loving guy to be sure. He always had a grin on his face everytime I saw him. And no, I don't think that was always from
the strong Germany beer.. :P

Mary-Lou and I hit it off pretty good. As you know I dated her sister and Mary-lou was always the joking around type.
I think that is what probably attracted you Dad and Mom to each other in the first place.

Anyway Chey, I hope others who knew them and see your post have a bit of fun, harmless things to tell you.

Talk to you soon.

Paul

Sorry.  I disagree with you Paul.  I'm not trying to be a jerk, but if her parents wanted her to hear the stories, do you not think it's up to them to tell?  Perhaps they have a reason for not relaying stories.

Hey
I was there the same time as Bill and Paul and I have to rely on others for many points. I don't have dementia yet but I do declare Germany 77-82 was one long weekend.  It is still foggy and pieces back together in stages. I was in Amsterdam 11 times like I can recall those trips. I tell my kids what I can remember. Oh the wonders of my youth. Drinking was looked at in a different light then. We were functional but dazed and confused (Led Zepplin may have had it right) Well the liver made it  and so did I.
Chey, I remember your Dad and he was a good guy and you can tell alot of a man by the friends he keeps and he hung with a really good crew (ask him about his friends) They were just members of an inferior battery. Keep asking it will come in stages.

Back