• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Just a couple of questions

bonitabelle

Inactive
Reaction score
I just was wondering if there are any single parents who have had to leave their children with an ex for training who can give me some insight.  I have just been merit listed and would like to hear from anyone who can tell me how long they were without their children during training and ways to make it easier for everyone involved. 

Also, what is the wait time between BMQ, SQ, and MOC that people have had?  I know I've read some answers in the other forums, but I was just wondering again.

I left my kids with my ex while I did my training.  Mind you my kids are also 14 and 15 years old.  It all went well for me as he may be my ex but a wonderful father and person as well.  We just did not get along.  I went without my kids for the 10 weeks I was in St. Jean but I think the training is 13 weeks now.  The time between all your training courses really is hard to say as they are all different.  If you have anymore questions feel free to ask or you can also PM me if you like.

Armygal

Every situation is different becuase of the PAT waiting time. However I can tell you my husbands schedule so that you can get an idea of one situation.

He left April 10th, 2005.  Finished BMQ on June 17th and on June 18th left for Borden.  Was in Borden for a week and than left for SQ in Gagetown on June 26.  He finshes that on August 12th.  He is then given two weeks leave.  After that he flies back to Borden where he sits on PAT until January.  Than he will be moved to Kingston to do his MOC which ends in sometime in May 2006. 

So for him 1 year and 1 month when it is all said and done.

Hope that this gives you an idea.

Back