• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Joining the Reserves

manerb

Inactive
Reaction score
First time posting here, I'm planning on joining the Infantry or Artillery Reserve in Toronto.  Can I just fill out the application online and submit it while waiting for their response. Or is there any other options as I want to get a taste of the army to see if i like it.

(Moderator edit to correct typo in thread title.)

You can go see a recruiter if you have any questions.
The biggest part of the reserves, imo, is the training you do during the summer. Not something you can really 'watch'.

you can always google: site:army.ca reserve recruiting

or have a look here: 

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/32cbg_hq/HQ/Units.htm

you will see that many units have websites that may in turn have more specific info regarding recruiting

I talked to the recruiter for the Royal Regiment of Canada in downtown Toronto and apparently the army reserves are in a hiring freeze. Or at least that the specific units in that armoury are not hiring. Can anyone give any other information? Are any other units currently hiring or is he correct that all reserve units are a part of this hiring freeze? He wasn't 100% sure about every other company.

Thanks.

Not all Reserve Units in Canada are in a hiring freeze, but a vast majority of them are.  Depending on where you live between St John's and Victoria, you may find one nearby that may still be hiring.  All you can do is go to them and ask.

I found a few regiments in Toronto that had open positions, but they were still not taking applications.

Back