• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Input needed

• Thread starter Thread starter DriveShaft
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DriveShaft

Hello,
          Im new to this forum and still exploring all the information and posts you guys have been discussing. I would like to introduce myself and ask a few questions to those that are currently employed in the CF or if there is any recruiters out there to give their best opinion strait up to me before I walk into a recruiting office.

Im currently 28 years old and have tried to join the CF 3 times in my life since 17. All in which have resulted in failure to reach a respectable score into a MOC that I would like. The only ones that were ever open to me were Steward and Cook. Not saying those are bad jobs but I would like to have more options. I always wanted a military career like the rest of my family but it seems like its just not happening. So after my 3rd time taking the aptitude test they basically BANNED me from taking it again until I got some counselling in math. Witch I found silly because I have my OSSD and a year of college.

After my 3rd time I found refuge in the security industry. I excelled very quickly until I took my shot at law enforcement. Im currently serving as a peace officer for a very respectable employer in which current CF members are jumping at from the MP trade.
But it doesn’t matter to me because I feel its not fulfilling nor me.
Im 6 foot 4 and a smidge under the over weight mark (217 lbs) haven’t been in shape since high school but starting to since last month. My sister is joining the Air force and now that I see her doing it I want to as well. Unfortunately I really don’t have any skills, never completed my college but all I know is law and security. I think MP would be a good fit but they are so ANAL about their recruits having Police Foundations or shit like that. Personally I think that’s a crock of shit. Ive been able to obtain jobs that require Police Foundations with out having it. But it doesn’t matter because im willing to do anything or go anywhere as long as I fill that void in my life with what I know is right. To join the CF and serve as my grandfathers did.

So now that you know my story I want to know if a recruiter is gonna work with me on this education BS where I need a math credit. Because I KNOW the CF needs people and im willing to give my life. But Im not going to go back and get a math credit that takes weeks and weeks to get and pay over $145 for.
I seen on the news were offering immigrants from the middle east to take officer positions strait off the boat. That’s BS!!!

If you "know it's right"and want it that badly, then meet the requirements.  It's that easy.  Your rage against the system is misplaced.

First off, no offense, but your attitude sucks.  The CF doesn't care that you think their requirements for joining are BS.  As someone on here once said, "You choose the CF, it doesn't choose you."

So, if you really want to go MP, you'll go and get the diploma required and the math you need to write the CFAT again.  IIRC, you can only write the CFAT three times without proof of an education upgrade, so you're kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place, if you get my drift.  Some colleges may give you credit(s) for your work experience.

Otherwise, if you really think all the joining requirements are crap, then join as a cook or steward.  Or don't join at all.

Your choice.

Ditch the attitude or I guarantee you there will not be a recruiter out there who will want to work with you. Take some math courses to upgrade yourself, make yourself a more viable candidate. Its up to you to sell yourself not the other way around.

PMedMoe said:
First off, no offense, but your attitude sucks.  The CF doesn't care that you think their requirements for joining are BS.  As someone on here once said, "You choose the CF, it doesn't choose you."

So, if you really want to go MP, you'll go and get the diploma required and the math you need to write the CFAT again.  IIRC, you can only write the CFAT three times without proof of an education upgrade, so you're kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place, if you get my drift.  Some colleges may give you credit(s) for your work experience.

Otherwise, if you really think all the joining requirements are crap, then join as a cook or steward.  Or don't join at all.

Your choice.

I’ll admit that I came off with the wrong impression that you thought I had a poor attitude but it wasn’t my intention nor would I insult any operational requirements for recruiting.
But thanks to all for the advice on my “attitude” and “rage” against the system.

I guess my place is in the civilian world and to keep doing what im doing, supporting those currently in combat and those who have served in the past.

Cheerio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back