• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Officer: Huge waiting list

peltch34

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey,

I recently applied for ROTP to be an Infantry Officer and am almost at the end of this very long process when I heard something. I heard from a buddy of mine in the Reserves that the wait-list for an Infantry Officer is like ridiculously long for Reg Force. Seeing as I am absolutely determined to be in the Infantry, this is very concerning. Anyways, I am just wondering if anyone knows whether this is true or not?

Thanks,

peltch34 said:
Hey,

I recently applied for ROTP to be an Infantry Officer and am almost at the end of this very long process when I heard something. I heard from a buddy of mine in the Reserves that the wait-list for an Infantry Officer is like ridiculously long for Reg Force. Seeing as I am absolutely determined to be in the Infantry, this is very concerning. Anyways, I am just wondering if anyone knows whether this is true or not?

Thanks,

Every list is long.  But I am confused by your comment of "almost at the end this very long process".  ROTP only started a few weeks ago, so you should only be at the "very beginning" of this very long process.  Unless of course you are already in the Reserves and doing a Component Transfer (CT), in which case you would be in for a very very very very long process.

If you are limiting yourself to strictly "Inf O" only, then you could very well be in for a long wait.

I was in the system for a while because I applied for ROTP in January, and went through a lot of the process like getting my grades approved and stuff. I am pretty sure they just finished my background check and my file is ready for or under review at the moment. I was told I should know whats up within the next couple weeks, I probably come off as very impatient, just super anxious and pumped.

peltch34 said:
I was in the system for a while because I applied for ROTP in January, and went through a lot of the process like getting my grades approved and stuff. I am pretty sure they just finished my background check and my file is ready for or under review at the moment. I was told I should know whats up within the next couple weeks, I probably come off as very impatient, just super anxious and pumped.

PM inbound.....please check your personal messages!!!

Back