• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

In a dilemma

Keepsprayin

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day,

I'm in need of some advice as I am stressed out regarding this issue.

Early this July, I was merit listed for CEOTP Pilot and I was told that most likely I'd be loaded onto the September BMOQ serial if I am selected. This is great news and I was ecstatic when I found out.

The trouble comes now. It's been almost a month without any news and I'm beginning to stress about September as I need to give proper notice to my employer regarding my resignation as well as settling other arrangements such as the sale of my vehicle.

My question is, until how long should I wait before giving up on being selected for September? Or in other words, what is the last possible date that HQ is still making selections for my program for the September serial? I tried contacting my recruiting office and explaining this issue and I was told that HQ makes selections and that as soon as I am selected I will be notified.

And lastly, how good are my chances of receiving an offer? I understand it is a vague question but based on the fact that I am merit listed and the number of merit listed applicants VS spots still open, how hopeful should I be?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Selections for both BMOQ and BMQ Serials can occur and be made upto and including the week prior to the course start date but this is usually rare and not a common occurrence.  Normally, applicants are made their offer of employment 30-45 days (optimal) prior to course commencement to allow them time to address and resolve any personal issues that need to be dealt with before they depart.

CEOTP is a very unique entry plan, in that they need to have applicants loaded on and completed their BMOQ prior to Phase 1 Flight Training and commencement of their academic studies as it does have pay implications. 

If you haven't been made an offer of employment by the end of next week for the BMOQ Serial commencing on 5 Sep, then you may very well not be loaded onto this course.  The BMOQ Serial commencing on 24 Oct is more likely to occur.

Back