• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I recently Quit smoking weed!!

JeffGil

Inactive
Reaction score
I have completed my online application and have sent all paper work!!...I have recently Quit smoking marijuana!!My question is...What are the CF policies on the past use of marijuana ??How long do I have to be clean?and after truthfully admitting to recent drug use ...What will I most likely be told?? I'm not sure but I have been told that CF standards is to be drug free for 6 months ! is this true?

JeffGil said:
I have completed my online application and have sent all paper work!!...I have recently Quit smoking marijuana!!My question is...What are the CF policies on the past use of marijuana ??How long do I have to be clean?and after truthfully admitting to recent drug use ...What will I most likely be told?? I'm not sure but I have been told that CF standards is to be drug free for 6 months ! is this true?

For Cannabis:

Minimum 6 months clean on record from the date of first contact

50 ng/ml cutoff threshold for primary detection during urine test
15 ng/ml cutoff threshold for those who fail primary detection

Depending on one's immune system and metabolism, a person (for most- moderate to heavy usage) can be clean in 30 to 50 days- although some can test positive even after 4/5 months (urine test).
The more one exercises - trains - runs etc, eats well, hydrates and stays off bad habits (excessive drinking, smoking, high cholesterol and "fatning"/greasy foods) the faster (thc-cooh) it leaves one's system. THC-COOH is a by product that is stored in an active user's fat cells.

CAF are strict on drug usage - WATCH OUT!  :rage:

the last post thoroughly explained but i just figure id mention that my sister used to smoke weed before she joined the reserves. she told me she was just honest about it and they didn't really care.

I told them I smoked marijuana and did magic mushrooms before I applied, the weed was just over the 6 month threshold, and the I hadn't done mushrooms since a year prior to applying.  I also had to say I had 1,200 drinks underage prior to applying....  ;)

I was nervous as hell and thought I'd get declined right there. It wasn't a big deal, it came up I had to explain it but they weren't out to get me.

Just be honest and the truth will set you free.

matthew709 said:
the last post thoroughly explained but i just figure id mention that my sister used to smoke weed before she joined the reserves. she told me she was just honest about it and they didn't really care.

I think you're wrong when you say they "didn't really care". Of course they care. Being honest about it is a good thing but they'll consider the whole story before making a decision.

Just be honest about your past drug use. When I wrote my aptitude test I was given a "Non-prescription drug form" to fill out. You really do not want to start out your career lying to them. Marijuana use is generally looked at as something a lot of kids try. As long as you are honest about it and there has been a significant amount of time since last use, you should be fine. Good luck.  :salute:

Back