• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hurricane Ophelia

Lets hope the forecasts are right and it weakedn to TS status.
145127W_sm.gif

I agree!! I am in a wedding this Saturday and the last thing they need to be worrying about is this darn storm.

The weather doesn't stop me from doing much.Infact a lot of the work done around here is done in the rain.(Unless what I'm doing requires perfect dryness) For instance, I had to slaughter 11 turkeys today in the rain.

But both Newfoundland and Labrador... and Nova Scotia should be thankful for our position on the globe. Any hurricanes that manage to make their way up are pretty much almost fizzeled out, with exception to one or two.

LOL..I actually slept through Hurricane Juan in halifax back in '03. Just woke up oince to branches hitting my window, then fell bacvk asleep.
It shouldnt be that bad though for Ophellia. Other then the weakened trees from Juan will probably fall from ophellia.
Wish i was back home in Halifax right now. My buds went to Peggys Cove to watch the waves today. While I am up here bored in Kingston reading these forums. :(

I just got in from my friends wedding in Lawerencetown and the rain had stopped for a bit, kind of like the calm before the storm. When we were getting ready to leave the rain was coming down sideways. Driving from there to Cole Harbour was a bit of a trek, but we definitely couldn't do the speed limit of 70 due to the roads. Max we did was 50 and that was coasting downhill...lol

this "storm" was a typical rainfall in my opinion, it was way over rated..better to be safe then sorry though, we learned that here from juan in 2003

Something of a dud wasn't it really, I'd tied myself to a tree outside with a bottle of whiskey and a shotgun to fight off the looters.

Better safe than sorry is right though.

I was duty last night through it and the ship hardly moved. We did put extra hawsers, fenders and took our boats out of the water just to be safe.

Hey Lisa .... Thanks for standing for me hun. Very much appreciated

Saturday September 17th, 2005 - I got married - with Hurricane Ophelia -LOL-

The rain held off until after everyone had arrived at the hall for the service. However, not long after we got started, so did the rain. The rain beat off the windshield as we drove back into the city from the reception. The windshield wipers couldn't go fast enough -LOL-

Nevertheless, this chick was getting married. Whether it was walking down the aisle to candlelight and flashlights and dancing to a stereo powered by double AA batteries, I wasn't going to let this storm stop me. My sister got married back in September '03 2 days before Hurricane Juan. Its the price you pay for getting married during hurricane season.

Oh well, I'm married now to the love of my life (my bestfriend NCIop AB Bradbury - HMCS Iroquois) and I wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks to everyone who attended and our thoughts were with the ones who couldn't make it

S.Bradbury

Back