• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How To Post

tomahawk6

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
Saw this on another site and thought it was pretty funny.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

That was pretty funny, but it should also be mandatory viewing for people joining army.ca!

:D

I've heard the steam forums are BRUTAL with dumb little kids posting >_<

It is funny, was when I mentioned it here also...

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/51598/post-459502.html#msg459502

[sarcasm on]
How come no one is beating the crap out of tomahawk6 for linking something that has already been linked to in another post? Isn't that what we do here? Or is it because he is one of the cool kids?
[/sarcasm off]

No offence meant tomahawk6, it is worthy of linking and obviously not everyone saw it from the other post. I just couldn't resist being a pest about something that bugs me about this board....

Prior to posting sig I used the search function twice and nothing came up.It might have been the search function for just the radio chatter area. I tried "how to make a post" and "how to post". Had I found that it had been previously posted I would not have done so. Although from time to time I have slipped up but in those cases I just did not pay sufficient attention to detail. 8)

sigpig said:
It is funny, was when I mentioned it here also...

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/51598/post-459502.html#msg459502

[sarcasm on]
How come no one is beating the crap out of tomahawk6 for linking something that has already been linked to in another post? Isn't that what we do here? Or is it because he is one of the cool kids?
[/sarcasm off]

No offence meant tomahawk6, it is worthy of linking and obviously not everyone saw it from the other post. I just couldn't resist being a pest about something that bugs me about this board....
maybe it's because your post didn't have anything in it that would bring up your post by using a Search? Nahhh, that can't be right. Personal accountability shouldn't enter into anything. It has to be favouritism. Yeah.  ::)

paracowboy said:
maybe it's because your post didn't have anything in it that would bring up your post by using a Search? Nahhh, that can't be right. Personal accountability shouldn't enter into anything. It has to be favouritism. Yeah.  ::)

Personal accountability? What are you talking about? Oh, I see, you are justifying the gang tackling that goes on when someone has the audacity to post something that might have been mentioned elsewhere on this board. Carry on  :salute:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/35074/post-276537.html#msg276537

Hey look another one  ::)

sigpig said:
Personal accountability? What are you talking about? Oh, I see, you are justifying the gang tackling that goes on when someone has the audacity to post something that might have been mentioned elsewhere on this board. Carry on  :salute:
Nobody's making you stay. You're more than welcome to leave.

DOGPILE! Lets all kick the Jimmy while he's down! (he seems to expect it, anyway)  ;D

457,706 Posts in 28,392 Topics by 10,573

And yet we get very few complaints, more praise than anything.

::)

We ain't perfect, we don't expect anyone to be perfect, we hold the site up to high standards because of problems had in the past, the guys that whine usually are not contributing anyway, put forth an effort when counselled instead of acting like a kid and it will end there.

Don't like it? Follow the advice given above.

Has the thought ever crossed anyone's mind that there are those in the world, yes on the internet too, that just wish to stir up sh*t? They can't seem to get through a day without making trouble and, shockingly, they get upset when told to stop. They go about ruining things for the rest of the crowd (The 99.9% that post within the guidelines) and then get bent out of shape when told to shape up.

Confuses me...

Scott said:
Has the thought ever crossed anyone's mind that there are those in the world, yes on the internet too, that just wish to stir up ****? They can't seem to get through a day without making trouble and, shockingly, they get upset when told to stop.

No, not on the internet! There is just so much love here  ;D

paracowboy said:
Nobody's making you stay. You're more than welcome to leave.

Yeah, I know. But someone has to be the loyal opposition  ;D

Scott said:
Has the thought ever crossed anyone's mind that there are those in the world, yes on the internet too, that just wish to stir up ****? They can't seem to get through a day without making trouble and, shockingly, they get upset when told to stop.

Normally, that's not the case with me. I'm not a disturber type personality. And I'm not on the receiving end of comments from administrators and senior members, I just observe them going after others. So I say something about it sometimes, not always or even often. Each time knowing the reaction I will get.

Someone said I expect it, well, yes. I would be shocked if I didn't receive the usual comments. My comments aren't bad, just not the usual back slapping, good old boy agreeing that this is the greatest run board on the net. So?

sigpig said:
Normally, that's not the case with me. I'm not a disturber type personality. And I'm not on the receiving end of comments from administrators and senior members, I just observe them going after others. So I say something about it sometimes, not always or even often. Each time knowing the reaction I will get.

Don't see anyone "going after" members here, just keeping things running smooth, that is what we volunteered to do. Would the site be as great as it is if we were constantly chasing people away? Methinks no, the Staff would be the only ones here, no? I am quite certain that if the style of moderation was an issue here that some of us would be sent packing by the owner, it is his site after all, I just help him out.

Someone said I expect it, well, yes. I would be shocked if I didn't receive the usual comments. My comments aren't bad, just not the usual back slapping, good old boy agreeing that this is the greatest run board on the net. So?

I don't expect a bunch of yes men here, the site would be no fun then, would it? I also do not expect to go through life on this board never getting called out on any mistakes that I might make here. In fact, I have been notified when I have made mistakes and I have made amends for it, I'll continue to do so and I am sure that this is something that all of the Staff would agree with me on - read my above reply for the reason.

What we do get here, from time to time, are people who just love to needle the Staff whenever they can, they just hate having to listen to someone tell them they may have posted in error or not played nice on the boards. Some hate being told to use spellcheck, others hate being called out for posing or posting inaccurate information and some just hate being told to do anything, even if it is in their best interest as a member here. To sum up - some guys just look for a fight.

You don't have to agree with me to make this site run well, but you must stay within the guidelines and make a half hearted attempt not to be a burden here.

You say that you sometimes pipe up when you observe certain behaviors here, you have that right, as do I in replying to you in the manner I have.

For the record (and with all the seriousness that it's due  ::)  )........

I just saw an opportunity to kick a Jimmy. That's all it meant to me  ;D

Back