• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How to dress to watch parade night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger Rut

Inactive
Reaction score
After talking to a recruiter from a reserve infantry unit that I'm considering joining, I'm going to attend their parade night next week to check things out.  I want to make a good first impression so they know I am serious about joining. 

How should I dress?  Are dress pants and a collared shirt okay or should I go for the jacket and tie as well?

I'd suggest Black dress pants, and a collar/non collared white shirt.
A tie is optional.

Ranger Rut said:
After talking to a recruiter from a reserve infantry unit that I'm considering joining, I'm going to attend their parade night next week to check things out.  I want to make a good first impression so they know I am serious about joining. 

How should I dress?  Are dress pants and a collared shirt okay or should I go for the jacket and tie as well?

Neat clean casual will suffice, also to be clean shaven, and go with an open professional polite attitude. Do these, and you'll go well. I'd can the black pants and white collared shirt idea, you're not being recruited by a religious organisation, as per the ones who on occasion come to your door.

Cheers, and good luck,

Wes

My grandfather always told me.. "Dress to impress". For me during my interview, I went in with a business casual kinda look... like I wanted the job and could dress the part (proper and neat). Shaved and wore a dress shirt + tie along with dress pants. I'm more then sure it scored points as the next kid after me wore jeans and a graphic t.

There is nothing wrong with dress pants and a dress shirt. As mentioned above, you are being casually assessed on suitability for enrolment.

Our pre- BMQ recruits who have been sworn in and enrolled are expected to attend training nights in black pants and white shirts.

When you do go
- if you are standing against a wall do not lean on it as it looks bad
- do not cross your arms
- keep your hands out of your pockets
- if there are other recruits there be careful when you talk to them. If there is something going on it is best to be quiet. (this can be difficult as some people don't know when to shut their trap and it can reflect poorly on you even if you aren't the one talking)

edited added 'if' to first point.

Larkvall said:
When you do go
- if you are standing against a wall do not lean on it as it looks bad
- do not cross your arms
- keep your hands out of your pockets
- if there are other recruits there be careful when you talk to them. If there is something going on it is best to be quiet. (this can be difficult as some people don't know when to shut their trap and it can reflect poorly on you even if you aren't the one talking)

edited added 'if' to first point.

This post's more important than your actual dress. Don't wear ripped jeans or lurid printed t-shirts. Otherwise, just be on your best behaviour.

I knew a guy who showed up for a parade day in a tuxedo. His nickname's still "Tux", four years later.

And many a good information offered by all.

Tune in next time kids, when Super Applicant is stopped in his tracks by his latest conundrum.  He must decide which end is best to hold, the Shiny metallic hot end, or the cold plastic end.

Come back, and see if Super Applicant will be able to use his new weapon, against his arch nemesis the Masked Wrinkle Guy.

Will SA get his brand new collared shirt ready, and put on properly, so he makes it to the parade?  Tune in and find out.

Until then, good night, and sleep tight.

dileas

milnet.ca staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back