• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

HMNZS Manawanui has Sunk!

Wow. She was pretty new. The ship itself was built in 2003 and then bought and upgraded and converted for the NZ navy in 2019.

A survey ship striking a reef. That'll be a hard one to explain.

:oops:

A buddy of mine is on the cruise ship mentioned. Part of me wonders if they actually notified the Passengers?

I'm glad to hear the crew all made it out alive, and relatively unharmed.

I'm curious as to whether the small crew was part of the reason the ship was lost. It would be hard impossible to do both flood and fire DC with a crew of just 38. Even if half of the riders were also able to do DC, that's still a very small number of people to do any kind of sustained DC.

I mean… They confirmed where the reef is.
Many years ago, when my father had just started fishing, he was out with his brother in the boat. They were fishing close to shore, and knew they had to get out to deeper water before the tide left them grounded, but my uncle was not working particularly hard/fast. As it turns out, they ended up becoming grounded, so my uncle proceeded to the bow of the boat, put his hand up to shield his eyes, and yelled out "Land Ho!". :ROFLMAO:

I think it's hilarious, but to this day(45ish year later) my father does not see the humor in it.

Back