• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

hiring times

lgblair

Inactive
Reaction score
I have just applied a week ago for the regular forces as a cook, and I had a few questions.  How long would it be for the CFNRCC to process my application?  About how long does it usually take from the application being received until I can actually start training?  I also wanted to know I have about 6 years of working as a cook full time and have almost completed my apprenticeship training as a cook would I get a credit or bonus for this practical time spent in the field?

Experience is always good. Just like a regular job when you attend your interview they will ask you " Do you have experience in this field "? . Feb 2 I applied , Feb 7 I sent off my Transcript , Canadian citizen card copy and my passport copy and they send me and email on Feb 14. I would suggest for you to start doing push ups sit ups running and so on for your fitness test because you will never know when they will contact you and ask you to do your test. I will keep you updated when they transfer my file over to my local RC. But no one can tell you an exact time.

It has been said on here a few times but the waiting time can vary from under 6 months to over 2 years from Application to training.

Keep working towards your trade and keep in touch with the recruiters.

Bart905 said:
Experience is always good. Just like a regular job when you attend your interview they will ask you " Do you have experience in this field "? . Feb 2 I applied , Feb 7 I sent off my Transcript , Canadian citizen card copy and my passport copy and they send me and email on Feb 14. I would suggest for you to start doing push ups sit ups running and so on for your fitness test because you will never know when they will contact you and ask you to do your test. I will keep you updated when they transfer my file over to my local RC. But no one can tell you an exact time.

Just a slight note... if you are applying to reg force, you don't do the fitness test until you get to Basic.  You do it the first week.

estoguy said:
Just a slight note... if you are applying to reg force, you don't do the fitness test until you get to Basic.  You do it the first week.

My advice is dated (by 5 years). Ensure that you pass your run on the fitness test because other wise your RTU'd (Return to Unit). If your short with the Pushups, sittups, grip test then you are allowed to continue and re-test at the end of the course (however there is a PO check failure, something along those lines).

Used to be (prior to me being there) that if you were short on the run, you could stay on the course and pass the PT test at the end of the course, however someone was rumoured to have a heart attack and died on a run, thus they changed it to immediate RTU for the run.

Get Nautical said:
My advice is dated (by 5 years). Ensure that you pass your run on the fitness test because other wise your RTU'd (Return to Unit). If your short with the Pushups, sittups, grip test then you are allowed to continue and re-test at the end of the course (however there is a PO check failure, something along those lines).

Used to be (prior to me being there) that if you were short on the run, you could stay on the course and pass the PT test at the end of the course, however someone was rumoured to have a heart attack and died on a run, thus they changed it to immediate RTU for the run.

Not to disagree with the need to be fit, but it is hard to be RTU'd from Basic when you have not been assigned to a unit and the school is considered to be your unit.

dangerboy said:
Not to disagree with the need to be fit, but it is hard to be RTU'd from Basic when you have not been assigned to a unit and the school is considered to be your unit.

They sent a few guys home, that couldn't hack the run. A year or so later I was in Barrie, O.N.T. (a few years ago) I ran into the same guy who didn't make it on my course at St. Jean, he was a civilian. I do not know how Warrior Platoon fits in to the scheme of things, maybe he went there first, I have no idea. Could of also been a scare tactic for us new recruits.

Back