• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hijacker movies

Kiltmann

Inactive
Reaction score
OK, is it just me, or are plane hijacker movies getting to formulaic? I mean, all of them have the same basic elements. You get some terrorists or some disgruntled airline employee or whatever hijacking an airplane, killing one or both pilots and holding the plane hostage, usually demanding fuel, money or another aircraft at either the destination or an alternate field.

Then you got the heroes, the ex-marines, off-duty police officers, air marshals or any type of government officials who either lurk in the toilet or the bowels of the plane, sometimes trying to take the plane down, sometimes killing terrorists one by one, sometimes waiting until the end finale to kill the terrorists.

Way I figure it, there's a formula for airline hijacker movies:

.Fictitious airline and 'usually' same aircraft (747/L-1011).
.'Evil' hijacker(s) and their groups.
.Good guy, strong man working for either government, airline or military.
.Good looking flight attendant.
.Bomb or threat of bomb.
.Pilots (usually one or both are dead about halfway through).
.List of demands e.g. money, fuel or another plane.
.Decompression/damage of said airplane.
.Airplane landing happily at airport with terrorists dead.

Come on Hollywood, give us something different!

Give some suggestions on what you think would be a good hijacker flight.

Cheers, Nik.

Good ol' predictable movies.....and they are the ones that dont usually last when in theatres. I love it when the actors who act in the movies are all "I read the script and I thought it was excellent....couldnt put it down".

Also, usually the 'hero' of the movie is somewhat down on their luck and therefore their heroic actions "redeem" them from whatever.

Back