• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Here's the thing. I just need tips and possible advice.

forgetjohnson

Inactive
Reaction score
  ??? Heres the thing,
I need to speak to someone who actually knows what they're talking about.
I recently got out of the military because I didnt want to be in the trade I was in.It was closed so I couldnt remuster. I decided to get out and get my affairs in order and to re-apply in the near futur. It has been awhile now and Im ready to re-apply.
I've done the aptitude test twice already. I am aware that I need to take a school courses in order to do it a third time. I did a math course. Now that Im ready to re-apply, I need to know what to expect ... I know I need to do the aptitude test again and Im definetly ready for it.
Would it be possible to do the aptitude test before I choose three trades?
I dont want to get my hopes up for 3 trades then do the aptitude test and not be qualified for any of them.
I already have basic, will I be looked at before someone who dosen't have basic but has the same qualifications as I do?
What are the odds that I get back in? and soon.
I hate being out of the military.
Can anyone help? Anyone who knows what they're talking about. I need good and professional advice

First off, many of your questions can be answered by searching the site (with the Search function) or by simply browsing through and reading some of the recruitment stories.  You're not the first person to have joined, released and is wanting to rejoin.

Secondly, I advise you to go to your nearest recruiting centre or use the online website at www.forces.ca and speak to a virtual recruiter about your situation.

I'm pretty sure you have to pick your trades prior to writing the CFAT.  That being said, why would you not want to list trades you are interested in instead of only choosing trades you qualify for?  You could very possibly end up in the same boat you were in before you released, namely, a trade you don't like or want.

As far as the CFAT goes, there are plenty of practice tests out there, to see how you might do.  If you just recently took a math course, you may want to brush up on your spatial ability and vocabulary.  It doesn't hurt to go over the basic math either (e.g. fractions and decimals).

Here is a link to the practice test:  http://www.forces.ca/media/_PDF/preparing_for_aptitude_test_en.pdf
and a link to a thread on this site about CFAT:  http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/23193.420.html  (See George Wallace's "rainbow" post at the bottom of the page at this link for many other useful links!!!)

Good luck!

When you write the CFAT, if you do not qualify for the trades you picked you will be briefed on occupations you did qualify for.

If you have done CFAT twice already you need to be aware that you need to have a waiver signed by CFRG and have a 1 year wait period between the second and third CFAT. The reason is you only get 3 cracks at it. If you are unsuccessful then you will not get a chance to rewrite and your career is done. The one year wait is so you can "significantly upgrade" your education. Redo grade 12, take a year of college or university. You will not get to rewrite unless you can show you've done this. 

There is a book you can get from Chapters that is full of aptitude tests and IQ tests. It costs $30 or $40. It's worth it when you think about what it means with regards to a career.

Back