• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

HELP! need to choose a career

Johnnyfive

Inactive
Reaction score
I've stalled on filling out my application because i'm not entirely sure which career i should pursue.  After much research i've narrowed it down to three choices. Infantry, Armoured, Combat Engineer.  I have likes and dislikes for all of these jobs but, i am wondering if anyone has experience (or knows of someone) in any of these and if the who could help me out.

Modified to correct typo in topic title. Vern.

Use the search function. There is a lot of quality info on different jobs in the CF, if you look for it.

Johnnyfive said:
I've stalled on filling out my application because i'm not entirely sure which career i should pursue.  After much research i've narrowed it down to three choices. Infantry, Armoured, Combat Engineer.  I have likes and dislikes for all of these jobs but, i am wondering if anyone has experience (or knows of someone) in any of these and if the who could help me out.

Here you go to begin with:

Infantry;

Armoured; and

Engineers.

Ok.....you were begging for it.......

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/43026.0.html

here we go again  ..........told you guys i would never run out of buisness

CDN Aviator said:
Ok.....you were begging for it.......

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/43026.0.html

here we go again  ..........told you guys i would never run out of buisness

Well, obviously you're not rich yet!! You're still here!! I say we petition Mr. Bobbitt for a 250% pay raise for the mods around here!!  >:D

The Librarian said:
Well, obviously you're not rich yet!! You're still here!! I say we petition Mr. Bobbitt for a 250% pay raise for the mods around here!!  >:D
You guys have to get paied in the first place, then bum a raise  :D

Mike_Baker said:
Perhaps a strike is in order?  ;D

CDN Aviator can stay at work here...he's making money on the side anyway!!

Mike_Baker said:

A wee dram now and then goes a long way.  A 250% increase would greatly be appreciated.  ;D

A 250% increase is a whole lot of Tequila!!  :D

Yes George, I'm with you there!! He's going to hate his next tab.  >:D

The Librarian said:
Perhaps a strike is in order?  ;D

CDN Aviator can stay at work here...he's making money on the side anyway!!
Selling those pirated movies ???

George Wallace said:
A wee dram now and then goes a long way.  A 250% increase would greatly be appreciated.   ;D
I am sure it would be, but we need the server up and running first, then dig into Mike's pockets.  ;D

Mike_Baker said:
Yes yes, that is the cover story, and you know it  ;D

Cover Story? No way!! Go to that link and then check out the originating post!! He's trying to get rich off situations just like this one!  ;)

Johnnyfive said:

Hmmm, Infantry vs. Armour vs Engineer .....

Well, the Cavalry puts a priority on their troops being good looking to have that necessary elan (or at least better looking than their horses).

The Sappers, they need to be smart, you can be ugly but you have to be able to calculate the right fuse lengths.

Now if you're both smart and good looking, there's probably a place for you in the infantry.  And the training can even help you with that indecision problem.    ;D

Michael O'Leary said:
Now if you're both smart and good looking, there's probably a place for you in the infantry.  And the training can even help you with that indecision problem.    ;D
Do I hear HoM comming?  ;D

Mike_Baker said:
Yes yes, that is the cover story, and you know it  ;D

Finish this sentence:

What i do on my own time is.........

The Librarian said:
He's trying to get rich off situations just like this one!  ;)

Why not ?

I thought my "scared of life......" slogan was bang on for this one

Back