• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Friendly Advice For New Officers

David Price

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi there. I‘m new. I was hoping some of you could help me out with some friendly advice (or not so friendly - give it tome straight, I can take it). I am hopefully entering the primary reserve through the direct entry officer program, if my medical ever comes through.. I had originally intended on becoming a NCM, but the recruiter said that I would better realize my â Å“potentialâ ? through DEO. Personally, I think his view was that I was too old to be at all useful as an NCM. My question is - is there any specific advice any of you might give me on being an officer?

some advice listen to your NCO‘s and what they will teach you. keep your ears tuned to what your soldiers are doing. and remember be a friend never a pal.

Read the following:

Junior Officer‘s Guide found under information. Dated, but still good.

B-GL-300 - Canada‘s Army. Try and understand it. You will
see the information in that book time and time again.

Oldie, but a goodie... Read volume 1 and 2 of A-PD-131-001 Leadership. Lots of good stuff in there.

Originally posted by MedCorps:
[qb] Read the following:

Junior Officer‘s Guide found under information. Dated, but still good.

B-GL-300 - Canada‘s Army. Try and understand it. You will
see the information in that book time and time again.

Oldie, but a goodie... Read volume 1 and 2 of A-PD-131-001 Leadership. Lots of good stuff in there. [/qb]
Where would I be able to find such things? I‘m also interested in any advice as I‘m going into RMC in the fall.

B-GL-300 is at the top of the list on the AEL.

http://armyapp.dnd.ca/ael/publications_ie.asp

The leadership pubs will be harder to find, but when you get to RMC or a base training pubs depot you should find it there (look under the pile of dust> smile.

Cheers,

MC

Back