• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Free Beer In Edmonton!

wotan

Inactive
Reaction score
  I did a search for this topic (I couldn't believe that soldiers had no interest in free beer), however nothing came up on the site.

Anyway, the Steelback Beer Co is hosting two events on 13 Oct and 14 Oct 06 at Steele Barracks.  The company is laying on free food, free beer (the company rep said they had no 355 ml cans, so King-cans for everyone) and free entertainment for each event.  Tickets are available through Grn units, presumably ORs.  Although these events are designed to say "Thanks" for the efforts and sacrifices of our soldiers overseas all DND personnel are welcome.

Has anyone else heard about this, or are my fellow soldiers in Edmonton no longer interested in free stuff, especially beer?

What? I need to get ahold of Mr Keiths now about this issue.

If you can't find any interest in Edmonton, I'm sure Petawawa would be more than happy to take the free beer  ;D

This is a good deal.  Mr D'Angelo just wants to give something tangible to the troops - and has bent over backwards to provide.  Two free king cans, a band (he plays in the bad) and $2 beers after the two free ones..

and all because he knows that the country is at war, and want s to ack the fact.

:salute:

This is going on.  If you contact the base PAFFO they will have all the info on the event.  I just spoke to her today and she mentioned it.

Apparently there is a talent contest with a $1000 prize at the event... although word is the prize will go to a unit fund. Would certainly be interesting to see. Also, you can only attend 1 of the events, not both. Cheers!

someone told me there was talk of free beer in one of these threads!!!

There are posters up all over Edmonton Garrison promoting the event.  It looks to be a very good time for all who attend, thanks to the exceptional generousity of Mr D'Angelo.  My unit (3VP) has been given 250 tickets for Fri, and another 250 for Sat, which works out to  more than one per unit member.  There are enough for everyone who wants to attend, including their "better halves". 

A lot of thought has gone into the event on the part of both Mr D'Angelo and the Edmonton PSP staff.  The talent contest that will run in between band sets is just one example of the various associated activities.  There is also charitable fund-raising going on behind the scenes, with units offering up various "soldier for a day" experiences as prizes.

As for the Talent Contest, PSP's approach is that soldiers represent their units, with the $1000 prize going to the unit NPF fund.  Here in 3 PPCLI we have pitched a compromise to the soldiers in order to encourage participation.  $500 to the soldier, $500 to the unit fund.  We'll see if there are any takers.

Should be a great time.  I'll be there with the missus on the Sat night.

Back