• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Former US Sailor sentenced for leaking Canadian, U.S. ship info

Sythen

Subscriber
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, feel free to move if not.. Didn't see it posted anywhere else so..

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20090403/abujihaad_sentence_090403/20090403?hub=Canada

NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- A federal judge in Connecticut has sentenced a former U.S. navy sailor to 10 years in prison for leaking details about Canadian and American warships.

Hassan Abu-Jihaad did not speak at today's hearing in New Haven.

U.S. District Judge Mark Kravitz says the leak was "a fundamental betrayal."

Prosecutors say the Phoenix man is a traitor who was trying to help foreign terrorists replicate the bombing of the USS Cole.

Abu-Jihaad was convicted last year of disclosing classified national defence information.

edited for title clarity

Ummm.... where do you see that the fella was a canadian man?

The linked story states that the fella, a former US Navy sailor, leaked info on both Canadian & US warship movements.

I am not satisfied with the sentence handed on conviction to pass classified info. I would indict him with another charge to lengthen his prison life. "Giving  aid to the enemy". Chances are that will double his sentence. No patience or tolerance for snitches.

geo said:
Ummm.... where do you see that the fella was a canadian man?

The linked story states that the fella, a former US Navy sailor, leaked info on both Canadian & US warship movements.

The title of the article has since been changed.. When I posted it, I just copy/pasted the title of the article..

Who'd have figured that the guy who's last name means "the father of jihad" would have represented a security risk? It's so completely unforeseeable!

hamiltongs said:
Who'd have figured that the guy who's last name means "the father of jihad" would have represented a security risk? It's so completely unforeseeable!

Not racist at all.

Sythen said:
U.S. District Judge Mark Kravitz says the leak was "a fundamental betrayal."  " a fundamentalist's betrayal."

My edit.

frostvelun said:
Not racist at all.
His name by birth is "Paul Hall", so I'm inclined to agree with you that it isn't racist. But thanks for the vote of confidence.

Back