• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

For those who want to read about the Conservative's Military Plan....

*Note sure how to post pictures* Here's another link to flight II:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ship/images/ddg-80-22.jpg

I wonder if it would be possable to "split" the aft 64 VLS into two batches of 32. Then move both batches to the Port and Starboard of their current locations, then were the current Mk 41s are, locate a new single (slightly taller) Hanger......

Thats assuming that my "idea" wouldn't throw the ships stability out of whack.....

Prob would not hurt the stability but you might cut down a hangar space for the helos and repair shops fwd of the hangar.

I was thinking that going with a single (taller) hanger, we could fit a single EH-101/S-92 instead of two seahawks into the beast. With that said, I'm now concerned that my "hybrid Burke" would need a larger flight deck for the larger helicopter....

The AB can land a Sea King with no prob so it should take an EH101 with no difficulty.

Well thats one less worry.......too bad it's only in the "what if stage" of planning  :-\

I would also like to see our next generation of surface combatants be fitted out with multi mission UAVs.

Thanks for the pictures and clarification guys.   Very cool.

Re: How to insert a picture directly: You just use the
img.gif
button
and it creates your html tags.

Of note any thoughts about the idea of either splitting the VLS
or perhaps even turning the existing unit 90 degrees and pushing
it towards the midship as such forming the back of the hangar area?

Thanks again,

Matthew.   :salute:

P.S.   If I use naval terminology incorrectly, please let me know....

Back