• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

First "Anniversary"

kas

Inactive
Reaction score
Would it be appropriate to send flowers to the parents of a KIA Marine on the 1st anniversary of their son's death? And if so, what kind would you send? It's not the kind of thing people generally "celebrate", but I was thinking they might find it comforting to know people are thinking of them and that their son is still missed.

Thanks,

Kas.

I don't see anything wrong with flowers.  Writing a whole long letter (um, about what, exactly) would just be dredging it up.  Flowers would seem, to me, to be a nice simple way of saying what you wanted to. 

I'm not Emily Post though.  Go with your heart. That's what Napoleon does.  (Napoleon Dynamite, I mean).

I would send a small arrangement of flowers, say cala lily's and Iris', and a hand written letter them expressing your gratitude and appreciation of their son.

what about if you could find some kind of charity somehow connected to the marnies?  maybe something that helps out vets?  often, if you give a donation to a charity in memory of someone, that charity will send a card to the family to let them know the donation was made.  by the sounds of the original post, i'm guessing you're not extremely close with this family.  sending a donation would be a nice gesture, showing that their son's remembered, and it could help other marines at the same time.  just send them whatever you would have spent on flowers.

or flowers are nice, too.  i'm partial to lilies.

Back