• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Febuary Application for RMCC

Arborist

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, I'm 17 from Hamilton, ON. I applied online on January 29th 2014, but I'm slightly worried that I've applied too late to be considered for RMCC. I have been emailed to confirm the online application was complete and I have received my next steps for filling out my application. I'm currently filling out the academic questionare for the ROTP and I plan on submitting it tomorrow Febuary 14th 2014. I have strong academics, excellent leadership especially in my provincial athletics, and I work/do a ton of volunteer work (no I have not been in cadets). While I've been discussing my plans with a teacher who is a former RMCC student, I'm not entirely confident that my timing for this application is impressive..I'm just not sure whether or not my application is too late to be any good? I've heard many people began applications around October and November, and that the process to be accepted for RMCC is quite long...The programs I've applied for are:

1) Pilot
2) Aerospace Control Officer
3) Aerospace Engineering Officer

Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

- Arborist

Arborist said:
Hello, I'm 17 from Hamilton, ON. I applied online on January 29th 2014, but I'm slightly worried that I've applied too late to be considered for RMCC. I have been emailed to confirm the online application was complete and I have received my next steps for filling out my application. I'm currently filling out the academic questionare for the ROTP and I plan on submitting it tomorrow Febuary 14th 2014. I have strong academics, excellent leadership especially in my provincial athletics, and I work/do a ton of volunteer work (no I have not been in cadets). While I've been discussing my plans with a teacher who is a former RMCC student, I'm not entirely confident that my timing for this application is impressive..I'm just not sure whether or not my application is too late to be any good? I've heard many people began applications around October and November, and that the process to be accepted for RMCC is quite long...The programs I've applied for are:

1) Pilot

Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

- Arborist

It is true that applying at this time will put you at a disadvantage as that likely takes you out of first round of selections. There is still a possibility of being elected during second and third round though. I would continue with this application. Also, as you have (should have) applied to civvie universities as well as RMC if you do not get in this year, you can complete another application after first year, second year and third year of university. So, if you do not get in right now it is not a total loss and does NOT mean you have no shot of ROTP at all.

Good luck!

When I applied a few years back now (3?), The deadline was early Jan, that being said I'm pretty sure it has changed, but I don't know the current date. Files had to be completed by mid march (which may have changed).

Are they going to hold your timing against you?

Maybe, maybe not.

That being said keep on your home RC, as regardless whenever the deadline is you are going to want to have ample time, because if there any hicicups, in the process I.e Credit/background check or medical. You may be SOL until next year.

Hopefully someone will reply with more current information about deadlines.

Just learn from this experience, and apply to things earlier in the future.

If it makes you feel any better, I applied through reserves via a component transfer on around Jan 7th or so (like 2 days before the deadline). All i had to do was an interview (Because I was already in the reserves) and I got into RMC - Kingston for MARS. I did decline the offer due to personal issues as I was unsure of what I really wanted at the the time. A decision still to this day I think about ever now and then, but I'm almost done my degree and I am going to put in another transfer in the coming weeks.

Cheers,

@Goose are sure do you have any evidence to back that up? I was under the impressions all had to be completed by Date X, then all were merit listed and then they did the rounds of selections. As for reapplying, I also recall that there was a requirement of having at least  2 years left of your degree in order to apply and after that they won't take you and tell you to DEO. (I was told this from my unit recruiter he also worked at the local CFRC).

Edit: @Op, either way I'd recomend calling your local CFRC ASAP, but if they gave you steps to continue that is a good sign.

runormal said:
@Goose are sure do you have any evidence to back that up? I was under the impressions all had to be completed by Date X, then all were merit listed and then they did the rounds of selections. As for reapplying, I also recall that there was a requirement of having at least  2 years left of your degree in order to apply and after that they won't take you and tell you to DEO. (I was told this from my unit recruiter he also worked at the local CFRC).

Yes, I was told explicitly by a recruiter the dates are not hard and fast and if they want you it does NOT matter. I also know this from experience having completed my app after the "official" application date. You will just be merit listed for whatever rounds you complete your application in time for, again know this from experience. You can apply to ROTP up to the end of third year university. The only thing is after second or third year is that you cannot go to RMC and will have your education subsidized at your civilian university. I know someone who did this.

Goose15 said:
Yes, I was told explicitly by a recruiter the dates are not hard and fast and if they want you it does NOT matter. I also know this from experience having completed my app after the "official" application date. You will just be merit listed fqor whatever rounds you complete your application in time for, again know this from experience. You can apply to ROTP up to the end of third year university. The only thing is after second or third year is that you cannot go to RMC and will have your education subsidized at your civilian university. I know someone who did this.

Noted, thanks.

That university thing makes sense about the 3rd year thing. I guess my recruiter was wrong. The dates as well make sense, Thanks Goose.

Now I have to decide whether or not to apply again.. My uni marks have since increased, drastically.

Goose15 said:
It is true that applying at this time will put you at a disadvantage as that likely takes you out of first round of selections. There is still a possibility of being elected during second and third round though. I would continue with this application. Also, as you have (should have) applied to civvie universities as well as RMC if you do not get in this year, you can complete another application after first year, second year and third year of university. So, if you do not get in right now it is not a total loss and does NOT mean you have no shot of ROTP at all.

Good luck!

I've applied to approximately 10 other programs at civilian Universities in Ontario, but RMCC is my first preferable choice. I'm submitting my academic questionare and transcripts today and we'll see where we go from there. Hopefully I'm not too late to entirely jeopardize my chances of acceptance.

Just curious though..when is the first earliest round of admissions for RMCC?

runormal said:
Noted, thanks.

That university thing makes sense about the 3rd year thing. I guess my recruiter was wrong. The dates as well make sense, Thanks Goose.

Now I have to decide whether or not to apply again.. My uni marks have since increased, drastically.

You're most welcome.

Oh I would say for sure apply again. Worst thing that could happen is you stay in the same position as you are now. Might as well apply for subsidized education until its time to apply for DEO :)

Arborist said:
I've applied to approximately 10 other programs at civilian Universities in Ontario, but RMCC is my first preferable choice. I'm submitting my academic questionare and transcripts today and we'll see where we go from there. Hopefully I'm not too late to entirely jeopardize my chances of acceptance.

Just curious though..when is the first earliest round of admissions for RMCC?

Well you are set then in regards to starting university next year which is the big thing for you. It at least gives you the good chance of applying to ROTP again if you don't make it in this time.

I have heard several dates but I believe its late February and/or early March depending on their current procedures.

Goose15 said:
I have heard several dates but I believe its late February and/or early March depending on their current procedures.

Is it really that early? I was told by a clerk at my CFRC that the first selection is in May. Does it depend on the occupation? I'm applying for Nursing Officer and I was told that the Nursing Branch decides who is given an offer for ROTP.

OblivionKnight said:
Is it really that early? I was told by a clerk at my CFRC that the first selection is in May. Does it depend on the occupation? I'm applying for Nursing Officer and I was told that the Nursing Branch decides who is given an offer for ROTP.

Generally I was under the impression that it was mid-March - April. But I have heard earlier dates this year but these could very well be wrong.

Edit to add: That is a reason I always recommend asking a recruiter.

Perhaps DAA could chime in on this one?

Goose15 said:
Generally I was under the impression that it was mid-March - April. But I have heard earlier dates this year but these could very well be wrong.

Edit to add: That is a reason I always recommend asking a recruiter.

So... I submitted my academic questionnaire and transcripts nearly 2 weeks ago (Febuary 14th)  and I have yet to receive an email or a call to further my application. I have NOT be contacted for an interview, aptitude test, medical, etc... At this point I'm quite skeptical of being accepted to the ROTP and programs that I have applied for, but I'm not sure if this waiting time is normal or not. Should I continue waiting to be contacted or should I disregard my application?

Once again programs that I have applied to are:

1) Pilot

Doesn't matter what program you apply, you should have gotten at least a basic academic assessment by now (as in, suitable or unsuitable). Call the place where you sent your application to, back when I did mine it was North Bay, but I'm not sure if that has changed this year.

I called and they sent me a new email. Apparently I received the other one 11 days ago but it never was actually received. I now have 19 days to call the recruitment center in Hamilton to make an appointment. Do you think that I'm still late to follow through on the process or should I just do it anyways? I heard they are sending out first acceptances in April....

Back