• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Father jailed for US mutilation (circumcision)

Yrys

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6108516.stm

A US court has sentenced a man to 10 years in jail
for genital mutilation of his two-year-old daughter,
in what is said to be first such case in the US.

Sick stuff, but handled more or less as it should be. A shame that the girl had to be a victim of this to establish a legal precedent.

I think a 5.56 to the back of the head is more suiting my self.

rz350 said:
I think a 5.56 to the back of the head is more suiting my self.

Lots of ambiguity to the case.

If a death sentence is to be carried out, 'beyond reasonable doubt' is not an adequate measure. This guy won't have fun in jail- that's good enough for me.

Not cool. At least he got caught and is now getting punished for his actions.

Society is becoming more twisted each day.
This is plain sick.

I hope he gets lots of fun times in jail.
I'm sure they will take good care of him.

booted said:
Society is becoming more twisted each day.
This is plain sick.
What?? This "traditional" act of female genital multilation has been going on for many generations. Witness Somalia and it's most famous daughter Iman.
Slowly, it is fading out of practice. Finally, western nations are sending those who wish to carry on traditions native to their homelands or religious beliefs which serve to maim and injure inncocents, to jail and are punishing them for it. No, I think society is actually improving in this respect.
booted said:
I hope he gets lots of fun times in jail.
I'm sure they will take good care of him.
Me too.

ArmyVern said:
This "traditional" act of female genital multilation has been going on for many generations.

Yes, and the custom seem to have beeen import with the migrations of people on our shores :( .

Yrys said:
Yes, and the custom seem to have beeen import with the migrations of people on our shores :( .
Exactly...and at least now we are doing something about it within "our shores."

It's something that the whole world...not just the western, one can do without.

Slim said:
It's something that the whole world...not just the western, one can do without.
It is slowly fading out of practise off our shores as well. It's been going on in North America for years though. The only thing new here is that someone is being charged...finally.

ArmyVern said:
It is slowly fading out of practise off our shores as well. It's been going on in North America for years though. The only thing new here is that someone is being charged...finally.

Sorry to say but if it got more media attention then a move would be on to stamp it out faster. That's the way our world seems to work.

Slim

Back