• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Element Change

TheTrucker

Inactive
Reaction score
Here's what I am curious about.

I'm an MSEOP, (as per the nickname) and I'm interested in changing elements from Army to Air Force.

Strange as it may sound, the reason I'd like to is mostly because of my father and grandfather. Both were Air Force. They have hinted at how nice it would be, to follow the family tradition. Personally I like the DEU style better but this line of work tends to not be a fashion contest.

In my trade it makes no difference over air force as opposed to army. We do the same jobs and I don't believe there is any difference in progression through the ranks.

So I'd imagine it would require a memo through the chain to make the change, but how much hassle will this cause administratively if approved? Is it worth the headache to the CoC?

What I'm looking for is thoughts or opinions on how to approach this issue, or tips if anyone has done this.

Thanks!

Some information here.

Topic: "Element Transfer": 
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/93130.0.html

A lot of MSE Ops have done this before. So you are not the first one. The Career Manger has the final say in it. I have seen it rejected before. For some reason, there has to be enough Air Force MSE Ops as per Army MSE Ops. Not sure why. But that is Ottawa's magical thinking. Even when we do the same job, the element change doesn't do anything special. May be clothing entitlement, that is it. Good luck on your element change.

Regards,
Macey

Back