• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

didn't swear in first time...

Bplante

Inactive
Reaction score
I tried to find a topic about what is going on with my process to join the CF, I didn't find any.

I start my process in september 2007. I want to be infantry officer through DEO. I've been on the merit list. Everything was fine. I was waiting for the phone call. I got it last month. I was really happy, I said "yes" to my offer. Then, a lot of people around try to turn me down, I called back to tell them that I won't be there for the swear in ceremony. They told me that they will close my application, and that I'll have to do it all again if I want to join...

1 month later. I had regrets about my decision because I based my decision the influence of family and friend, instead of my own choice ! I hit back the recruiting center to get the paper to restart all the process. They told me that they can reopen my application and that I won't have to do it all again !

Then, a recruiter call me to know why I decline my first offer and to talk aboutmy motivation etc... Right now, I'm there, today I'll go to recruiting center to know if my application is reopen now or now, that wasn't clear when I talker to the recuiter by phone.

I'll let you know what going on when I'll have more information !

(BTW: Sorry if there's a lot of mistakes, I'm a Frenchy)

BP...
A lot of francophones are very active around here.... (use the spell checker if you're unsure ;) )

Face it, if you are joining the CF it is a decision that YOU must make because it is going to be YOUR life.
While it is good to have the support of your family and friends... there are plenty of new friends to make.
With respect to your family... they probably have your best interests at heart BUT, if you look at them and tell them that the CF / military is what you want to do, they should respect your decision.

soo.... at this time.... make up your mind & get going... you have a life to live and it starts RIGHT NOW!

Enjoy!
:)

That's what I realize and what I told to CF recruiters ! I hope that's a enough good reason for them to reopen my application !

There was a topic on this already - yours. You were contemplating dropping out right from the get-go because of a former girlfriend who was back in your life. Are you more committed now than you were when you accepted the offer knowing full well that you were probably not going to swear in or complete BMOQ?

Yes, I am ! I regret it for thw whole month. And if she can understand it (as family and friend) I prefere to go and live want I want to, and not what other want my to live !

Bplante said:
Yes, I am ! I regret it for thw whole month. And if she can understand it (as family and friend) I prefere to go and live want I want to, and not what other want my to live !

Good for you! A career with the CF is a fantastic opportunity, and anyone who is worth their salt as a significant other will support your goals. Above all, be true to yourself. Good luck!

Good on you, deciding to do what is best for YOU!!

I regret not joining earlier and following my own heart rather then trying to please everyone else.
I joined almost 2 years ago, and it ended up costing me my marriage, but I am cool with it...I am acheiving a dream that I have had since I was a teenager and nothing is going to stop me now!!

I wish you the best of luck in everything you do, and hope that you will continue to think about yourself and your needs and wants and not everyone else's.

Cheers!

I just get back from recruiting center. They reopen my application. I'll have to do medical update and maybe others updates... Hope to be on august BMOQ !

Update !

I got my call for my medical and interview update on friday ! After that, I should be on the merit list again !!!!!!!

My only (poorly timed  ;D) advice to you would have been regardless of anything, be honest with them about why you decided to not go thru with it the first time.  But it seems you did that so...

Bonne chance! 

I did my update today. Everything is fine ! More than just fine, they make me a offer right now ! I'll be at St-Jean 25 august for BMOQ. I'm so happy !!!! ;D

Back