• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Decline or accept the offer?

Newcanadian

Reaction score
Hello, I recently received an offer for the Naval Experience Program (NEP) six months after the interview. This is surprisingly fast, considering that I am a PR and everyone predicted a waiting period of at least 18 months for me. Now I am in a difficult situation with family matters that I haven't been able to resolve. If I decline the offer now and apply again for the same position at the beginning of next year (January or February), will I have to go through the entire process again (background check, interview, reference check, etc.)? Or will all of this carry over and my waiting period be shorter?

In case I accept the offer, from the information provided in my offer:"You will be placed on leave without pay after your enrollment until your paid service commences on or around November 16, 2024, subject to service requirements (if applicable); the intention is that you will be posted to the Canadian Forces Base CANADIAN FORCES LEADERSHIP AND RECRUIT SCHOOL on November 18, 2024."

Am I required to report for BMQ on November 18, and not a day later? Or do I need to arrive at the location for BMQ before November 18?

I am very grateful for the opportunity and for receiving the offer just six months later. This surprised me greatly because, even at the most optimistic estimates, I thought I would have to wait at least 12 months. So I am now overwhelmed and thinking about how urgently I need to resolve all my matters if I do decide to accept the offer. II've heard that after declining an offer, you may not receive any more offers, or the waiting period could be much longer. I might just be lucky to have this opportunity now.

Last edited:
Back