• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dean Thompson's Cambrian Patrol 2006 tangent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recce by Deth

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Patrolman said:
O.K. the Patrol has come and gone for another year. Has anyone heard the results of the Canadian team(s) that took part?
After reading it was a team of militia we were sending, who "volunteered to do training one weekend a month", my hopes of a top finish for Canada dropped considerably. No disrespect, as I realize 70% of this forum are reserves.  :salute:

Well done.  In one post you've managed to offend "70% of this forum".

Dean_Thompson said:
After reading it was a team of militia we were sending, who "volunteered to do training one weekend a month", my hopes of a top finish for Canada dropped considerably. No disrespect, as I realize 70% of this forum are reserves.  :salute:

A team from 33 CBG won a silver medal in 2004.

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lf/English/6_1_1.asp?FlashEnabled=0&id=355

Not only did they win silver, but it should be noted that there was no gold, and only one other silver, awarded that year.

So good start here Dean.  ::)

Journeyman said:
Not only did they win silver, but it should be noted that there was no gold, and only one other silver, awarded that year.

So good start here Dean.  ::)
The main point I was trying to make was that training "one weekend per month" as the press release stated, will not develop a tight knit patrol team. I realize even a lowly militia soldier can be drilled enough to follow a decent patrol commander over some tough terrain. LOL. Oh yeah, no disrespect to the reserves.  ;D

Dean_Thompson said:
The main point I was trying to make was that training "one weekend per month" as the press release stated, will not develop a tight knit patrol team. I realize even a lowly militia soldier can be drilled enough to follow a decent patrol commander over some tough terrain. LOL. Oh yeah, no disrespect to the reserves.  ;D

Well it worked for 33 CBG's team and for other Reserve teams as well.  Oh, and the 33 CBG patrol commander was a "decent" Reservist who LED other "lowly" Reservists over some rough terrain.

Dean_Thompson said:
It's not what you say, but how you said it.

I don't want to sound anal or anything, but we've had enough of regs vs res BS in this forum.

-DS

I am only looking to hear results not insults. Don't ruin another thread with the regs versus reserve crap. We have all heard it before. So again has anyone heard the results?

Dean_Thompson said:

Pfft,

Nice try at the "70% of this place is reserves" Bullshite.  Tell us of your adventures on the Cambrian.  That should fit the thread.

dileas

tess

I await.

the 48th regulator said:
Pfft,

Nice try at the "70% of this place is reserves" Bullshite.  Tell us of your adventures on the Cambrian.  That should fit the thread.

dileas

tess

I await.
Hmmm.....it seems you are a reservist, no? And during my time in 2VP, we never had time to put in a team, as we were constantly training for war or deployed. Maybe the 70% is a bit high, since there seems to be a high percentage of civy wannabees and army cadets on here too. I just call 'em like I see 'em, sorry if this disturbs you.

Dean_Thompson said:
Hmmm.....it seems you are a reservist, no? And during my time in 2VP, we never had time to put in a team, as we were constantly training for war or deployed. Maybe the 70% is a bit high, since there seems to be a high percentage of civy wannabees and army cadets on here too. I just call 'em like I see 'em, sorry if this disturbs you.

So now you are an Analyst?  Your posts are detracting from the purpose of this topic.  Is there any method to your madness here?

I keep a foot in the "combat arms" door, as I volunteer to help out a local Militia Infantry unit with patrolling and fieldcraft. My time as a soldier, and in particular, a reconnaissance patrolman, has not been forgotten. I keep in contact with my old platoon members (1 is now 3VP CO, another is 2VP Master Sniper, etc) and get up to date info on the latest changes in patrolling tactics. I may be a WOG now, but I probably have more knowledge of patrolling SOP's and tactics then most other now serving infantrymen on here. I'm a Medak vet! I deserve respect damnit!! LOL. Chill out, or die.

Dean_Thompson said:
sum up. I've served with Reservists in theatre. On average, they were no better or worse than their Reg Force counter-parts after some work-up training. I'd say the Reservists in Afghanistan right now, especially those wounded, are doing their part.

You want to keep thumping your chest, and tell everyone what a tough-guy you are, go elsewhere. You want to contribute to the boards, start making some constructive posts.

- para-mod-boy

Dean_Thompson said:
I'm a Medak vet! I deserve respect damnit!! LOL. Chill out, or die.

This may be out of my lane but weren't a lot of the guys with 2VP in Medak reservists? All of which served well, did they not?

GGHG_Cadet said:
This may be out of my lane but weren't a lot of the guys with 2VP in Medak reservists? All of which served well, did they not?

;D

Dean_Thompson said:
I keep a foot in the "combat arms" door, as I volunteer to help out a local Militia Infantry unit with patrolling and fieldcraft. ..... I may be a WOG now, but I probably have more knowledge of patrolling SOP's and tactics then most other now serving infantrymen on here.

Then, Dean, you would be in a perfect position to help that unit field a gold medal team in 2007, no?  You'd be part of the solution.  Think that'd look good on an Air Force PER??

right then, enough of this. It's silly.

No, no this is silly. 
No, the whole premise is silly and it's very badly written.
I'm the senior officer here and I haven't had a funny line yet.
So I'm stopping it. 
The thread is over. 

Dean_Thompson said:

Maybe I wasn't clear in what I was saying.

Pfft.

Just because the bully picked on you yesterday in the metal shop doesn't mean you can come here and drag your knuckles.  You just go on over and stand up to him.  Trust me; you will be able to get your tools and your lunch money back if you do that.

dileas

tess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back