• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dealing with Injury - The Spousal Side

simysmom99

Inactive
Reaction score
Ladies and Gents, I don't know where to start so here it goes.
Is anyone else just not dealing well with having a spouse that has been injured overseas?  Because I am not.  Most days I find it incredibly hard to even get out of bed.  I have seen Mental Health at the base but that was some time ago.  This morning I called the Members Assistance Program in distress and I trust that they can help me and get me started. 
I guess I just want to start a dialogue, maybe get a bit of validation that feeling like wanting to run away and hide is normal. 
Thanks for the ear.

Simysmom,

PM HitorMs. I am sure she has a wealth of information on this topic.

simysmom99, I can't even imagine what you are going through. I can only guess that you want "your" life back. All I want is to be normal again. Not the widow. Just like I'm sure you want to be the wife - not the wife of an injured soldier and the publicity that comes with it. I'm can only guess that you want your marriage and your husband back - the one that you sent overseas. You're probably also getting comments like "At least your husband made it home!" But did he really?
I'm pretty sure that wanting to run away and hide is normal. How you get through that? I don't know. If you ever want to chat, feel free to PM me. Take care and good luck finding some help.

We all grieve in such different ways and for different things.. Any major life change can be devastating.. Dreams dashed away and the sense of normal just isn't there.. but what is normal anyways? .. Sharing something that happen to complete strangers can be over whelming and not being able put the right words there just plain sucks... The days when you want to say yes "my life ended that day and it will never be the same again.." is very much validated.. But sometimes you want to say that and you cant.. So I say screw them.. cry if you need to cry..show emotion in the up most inappropriate times.. You cant be strong all the time.. you are only human.. be angry, be sad, be hurtful,its ok...

The days you just want a hug.. I am only down the road.. besides I think Hanna needs a walking buddy ;) ..

Back