• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Confused Feminists

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Inactive
Reaction score
Once again the topic has arisen in the "Women in Armoured Reconnaissance?" thread, (a highjacking) of what to call women in the Armour Corps.  "Don't you mean female crewperson?" was suggested, as was "huperson".  To be blunt, Radical Feminists would not accept either one.  Anything that remotely suggests anything masculine is tabu in their eyes.  This makes me think that these people are really confused.  Afterall, that would mean that they could never be a "Crewperson", a "huperson", a "Crewman", or for that fact be "female" or even a "woman"  Logically, it follows that they can't be members of the "Human Race", and therefore have to be "Aliens".  This must truly confuse their daughters, as it gets explained to them when they come of age.  Heck, they shouldn't even call themselves "Femanists".

Oh well, Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars.  ;D

That's probably why they call themselves womyn.

It's so silly.

Let me light the latrine pot:

feminist = bigotry

bigotry = racism

so if feminism=racism it should be banned and declared illegal. So why do we let it persist?

George Wallace said:
Heck, they shouldn't even call themselves "Femanists".

You're absolutely right.  One might think they don't know how to spell.

Hunter said:
You're absolutely right.  One might think they don't know how to spell.

Well, in all fairness it's "feminists".

No "man" in there.  ;)

Armymedic said:

feminist = bigotry

bigotry = racism

so if feminism=racism it should be banned and declared illegal. So why do we let it persist?

You're not serious..

Scarlet said:
You're not serious..

Id have to agree with him. Feminism is simply another way to isolate and segregate, not bring together for equality.

If you're talking about man-hating radical feminists, I'd agree. But I'm not a man-hating feminist, and I'm sure more women who consider themselves feminists aren't either. Feminism in it's purest form is about equality for both the sexes.

George Wallace said:
Once again the topic has arisen in the "Women in Armoured Reconnaissance?" thread, (a highjacking) of what to call women in the Armour Corps.   "Don't you mean female crewperson?" was suggested, as was "huperson".   To be blunt, Radical Feminists would not accept either one.   Anything that remotely suggests anything masculine is tabu in their eyes.   This makes me think that these people are really confused.   Afterall, that would mean that they could never be a "Crewperson", a "huperson", a "Crewman", or for that fact be "female" or even a "woman"   Logically, it follows that they can't be members of the "Human Race", and therefore have to be "Aliens".   This must truly confuse their daughters, as it gets explained to them when they come of age.   Heck, they shouldn't even call themselves "Femanists".

Oh well, Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars.    ;D

Terms like Alderman and guy (as in "hey guys") have evolved to be gender neutral in common use.  Why can't we all just agree on that?  The idiots on Calgary city council still quarrel over the term. 

If Rifleman or crewman are not gender neutral across the board, they soon will be.

Scarlet said:
If you're talking about man-hating radical feminists, I'd agree. But I'm not a man-hating feminist, and I'm sure more women who consider themselves feminists aren't either. Feminism in it's purest form is about equality for both the sexes.

Yuppers. In it's original form, that's what feminism is. The reason the word "feminism" was used, was because 30-40 years ago, it was females who were seeking that equality.

Many people today only see the most extreme facet of feminism - Radical feminism. The ones who talk about themselves as "womyn", the ones who claim that a woman's reproductive abilities are man's way of keeping them down, yatta yatta yatta.

Yeah, I consider myself a feminist. But in the sense that I outlined above? No. But I believe in equality of opportunity for the sexes, and I'm seriously grateful for the contributions of feminists past.

Maybe we need another word in this day and age. The term "feminist" has been dragged through the mud so long that it has lost it's original meaning.

Armymedic said:

feminist = bigotry

bigotry = racism

I'm not a feminist, but then again I'm not even women so I don't have a choice.  But there's a difference between women who fight for equal rights in situations where they are being treated differently for no good reason (feminists) and women who simply just hate men but call them selves feminists (bitches).  Not all feminists are bigots, although the only women who seem to walk around at rallies yelling feminist slogans are those that simply hate men rather then women who are actually fighting for equal rights...

BTW bigotry doesn't necessarily equal racism, it's simply intolerance and narrow mindedness.

This is why I began referring to non-males as "Gyno-Canadians", absolutely PC in all regards. it was either that, or "Mad Cow" but that was already taken....... :warstory:

Okay, I tossed up this grapefruit over an hour ago, and NOBODY took a swing?  I'm definitely losing my touch....

Kat Stevens said:
Okay, I tossed up this grapefruit over an hour ago, and NOBODY took a swing?   I'm definitely losing my touch....
I guess that everyone doesn't understand your hyphenated-Canadian medical term and also figure our BSE problem is gone away.    ;D

Kat Stevens said:
Okay, I tossed up this grapefruit over an hour ago, and NOBODY took a swing?   I'm definitely losing my touch....
I missed it totally....

But now I'll let the ultra-confused stressed out PMSing feminist side of me take over:
All our problems start with MEN!!
menopause
menstruation
mental disorder
menstrual cramps
just plain old men!!  ;)

But how I love them.  :D
They'll be the death of me yet....

Kat Stevens said:
This is why I began referring to non-males as "Gyno-Canadians", absolutely PC in all regards. it was either that, or "Mad Cow" but that was already taken....... :warstory:

Well, all of us in my office got a kick out of it!! We are changing company policy tomorrow. Good one.

armyvern said:
I missed it totally....

But now I'll let the ultra-confused stressed out PMSing feminist side of me take over:
All our problems start with MEN!!
menopause
menstruation
mental disorder
menstrual cramps
just plain old men!!   ;)

But how I love them.   :D
They'll be the death of me yet....

Funny how Feminists haven't complained about having these terms changed.......  ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back