• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Confirming that I am following the proper application process

tpettipas

Inactive
Reaction score
As the title states, I want to confirm that I am taking the correct steps in applying. I have applied using the online application, I just have to send my transcripts, etc. to them. After I filled out the online application, it said that I should not attempt to contact them and to just wait until I am contacted; however, on the forces.ca website, it said to visit a recruiter. Unless I am told otherwise, I am just going to send my documents and wait, I would just like a confirmation that I am doing this correctly.

after you apply online - you will receive an email eventually saying they have received your application and to send "X" documents to them. Once they have your documents they will see if the trades you applied to are "open". If they are open your application will be forwarded to your local recruiting center. Which in turn will schedule your CFAT, etc.

Now...this is from my own experience, but every time i called North Bay to ask questions and check in on my application I seemed to move the process forward.

Jester_TG said:
after you apply online - you will receive an email eventually saying they have received your application and to send "X" documents to them. Once they have your documents they will see if the trades you applied to are "open". If they are open your application will be forwarded to your local recruiting center. Which in turn will schedule your CFAT, etc.

Now...this is from my own experience, but every time i called North Bay to ask questions and check in on my application I seemed to move the process forward.

Thank you for your reply. I'll keep a note of that and call every once in a while when I don't hear anything.

Jester_TG said:

I couldn't agree more, also speaking from my personal experiences of course. I found persistence very helpful, especially early in the application.  :nod:

You guys are completely right. I phoned North Bay many times to check at where my application was at. I even got to a first name basis with some of the staff there and they were more than willing to put my application ahead of others. Show them you really care and be very respectful to them...they will be more than willing to help expedite your file quicker.

How many times have you called them. I have called them around 50-60 times but unfortunately never got hold of anyone. Now whenever I call them, I do it with the faintest of hope of hearing a human voice. :(

tpettipas said:
As the title states, I want to confirm that I am taking the correct steps in applying. I have applied using the online application, I just have to send my transcripts, etc. to them. After I filled out the online application, it said that I should not attempt to contact them and to just wait until I am contacted; however, on the forces.ca website, it said to visit a recruiter. Unless I am told otherwise, I am just going to send my documents and wait, I would just like a confirmation that I am doing this correctly.

Your missing the "key" to this equation.  Did you apply for "Regular Force", "Reserve Force" or "CIC/COATS"?  All three components, have totally different processing streams.

Not to mention, you don't say "when you applied"........can't really give you any valuable and or "accurate" advice at this point.

Back