• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer

anndy_wang00

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello there,
I am new to this great forum, I only seek some answers.
I am currently a Pte in the Reserve with the MPs,just swore in last year in Dec. I applied to become an officer, but because there were no spots, I joined as an NCM. I was with the Marines in Asia as  a Cpl and liked military experience in general. I have had my aptitude test and interviews with the recruiting office and necessary credentials so I am officer ready.
After many thoughts, I now want to join the Reg Air Force in AEC specifically in ATC.
My dilemma now is that should I quit and then re-join or do a component transfer? I have heard that there are serious road blocks if I opted for release then rejoin.But I have also heard that CT is very slow and complicated especially if I am doing a CT from Pte Reserve to Reg force Officer. If I release the wait can be up to 2 years or more.
I have not gone to my BMQ yet, and if i am going to Reg force officer, i just would like to go for my training after I know for sure I am going into the Reg Air Force.
Please advise, any input is greatly appreciated!
:cdn: :salute:

OK.  This is your 6th post.  Basically you have been asking the same questions over and over again.  How many times do you want us to give you answers to the same questions?

Hello George Wallace,
I got part of the answer,i just would like to get a little more detailed ones so I can make a sound decision due to the personal situation that I am in. It is a big commitment I still need a little bit more than what I have been told. I am not asking for 100% accurate information just a little bit more posted above. Thank you.

Kazekage said:
Hello there,
I am new to this great forum, I only seek some answers.
I am currently a Pte in the Reserve with the MPs,just swore in last year in Dec. I applied to become an officer, but because there were no spots, I joined as an NCM. I was with the Marines in Asia as  a Cpl and liked military experience in general. I have had my aptitude test and interviews with the recruiting office and necessary credentials so I am officer ready.
After many thoughts, I now want to join the Reg Air Force in AEC specifically in ATC.
My dilemma now is that should I quit and then re-join or do a component transfer? I have heard that there are serious road blocks if I opted for release then rejoin.But I have also heard that CT is very slow and complicated especially if I am doing a CT from Pte Reserve to Reg force Officer. If I release the wait can be up to 2 years or more.
I have not gone to my BMQ yet, and if i am going to Reg force officer, i just would like to go for my training after I know for sure I am going into the Reg Air Force.
Please advise, any input is greatly appreciated!
:cdn: :salute:

Not sure exactly what you are asking, but if you mean "I don't want to do my reserve BMQ if I am going AEC in the Reg Force.

If so:

1.  The Res Force unit you are in now won't likely care you 'want to go AEC'.  You are sworn in already and on their strength in some form.  They will likely send you on Res BMQ.  If you don't want to go, I wouldn't be surprised if they released you.  Be careful with that.

2.  You don't even know you could or would be offered a position as an AEC.

3.  You are in the CAF now in the MP Reserves, so unfortunately you have to play with the rules as they exist.

My advice to you is to go into a recruiting center, sit down with someone there and explain your situation.

Eye in the Sky, thanks for your input, i am going to see recruiting tomorrow about it and bring forward my concerns.and discuss what are my options.
Kazekage out. :cdn: :salute:

Kazekage said:
Eye in the Sky, thanks for your input, i am going to see recruiting tomorrow about it and bring forward my concerns.and discuss what are my options.
Kazekage out. :cdn: :salute:

You already have the "best" advice you are going to get ---->  http://army.ca/forums/threads/115261.0

Chances are, if you do go into your local CFRC, as soon as they hear that you are a current member of the "Reserve Force/Primary Reserve", they will tell you to go back to your current unit.  But then again, stranger things have happened..........

Back