• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Commended for bravery

• Thread starter Thread starter GAP
  • Start date Start date

GAP

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Donor
Mentor
Reaction score
Commended for bravery
From left in the front row, RCMP Commissioner William J.S. Elliott presented the Commissioner's Commendation for Bravery to Herman Zarbl, Blair Hockin, RCMP Const. Alfred Lavallee and Joseph Henry Roland Bouliane. The award was also presented to (back row from left) Master Warrant Officer Jim Seggie of the Royal Winnipeg Rifles, Warrant Officer Shaun Spence of the Royal Winnipeg Rifles and Sergeant Joseph Penman of the Royal Winnipeg Rifles at an awards ceremony at D Division headquarters. They were honoured for their heroic response to a fatal multi-vehicle motor collision that occurred on Oct. 12, 2007 on Highway 1 in Headingley, Mb. At far right are Jacquie Hockin and Abebe Yohannes who received the Commanding Officer's Certificate of Appreciation for their selfless actions and display of courage in assisting Mounties at the collision scene.
WAYNE.GLOWACKI@FREEPRESS.MB.CA

Congratualtions, Jim! 

Congratulation's Jim. Outstanding.  :salute:
Congratulation's Fellow Recipient's  :salute:
You make my heart glad and very proud to
be a Canadian....  :cdn:
Scoty B

Thank you all very much. We, as you know, didn't do what we did for medals and glitter. Its nice to be appreciated, but we did it because it was the right thing to do.
And we'd do it again.

Nice work Jim. Do you wear RCMP decorations like the commendation pin on your uniform? We wear military ones with permission.

Jim Seggie said:
Thank you all very much. We, as you know, didn't do what we did for medals and glitter. Its nice to be appreciated, but we did it because it was the right thing to do.
And we'd do it again.

Spoken like a true hero, Jim.  Your humility is as inspiring as your deed.  Well done!

Container said:
Nice work Jim. Do you wear RCMP decorations like the commendation pin on your uniform? We wear military ones with permission.

We will be checking into that. The CFCWO will have to be involved.

I met the RCMP Corps Sergeant Major today. He is as sharp if not sharper than some RSMs I've met. Mind you, the scarlets are awesome!

Belated congrats, Jim, and to all the others as well - well done!  :salute:

Well done Jim!

Did you see the Local CBC written report? Wrong info.

Congratulations, Jim!

Understanding that you would do it again, without question doesn't mean we can't note our profound thanks for you and the others for your selfless actions!  :salute:

Regards
G2G

I remember hearing about that in the news, well deserved recognition.

Superb... opening a new bottle of 15year old Balvenie and toasting to the east in your honour now  :cheers:

Back