• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Coming soon : NATIONAL ASTRONAUT RECRUITMENT CAMPAIGN

Why do I see this as life now imitating art.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Space_Homer

Deep_Space_Homer2.png

dileas

tess

Got to get them to stop requiring all that science and learning stuff.  Everyone knows that the average space colonizer will be some poor lout who couldn't get a real job back here on earth, or is such a wacko that his own country wants him gone ASAP.

By the way I volunteer.

And I fit my own requirements, go figure!  :D

I'll say hi to Zaphod Beeblebrox for you all.

So long, and thanks for all the fish! :salute:

where do i sign up
i know how to cook and wash bottles
just fax the dotted line and ill sign lmfao
er mods edit for content and speelling
and maybe a couple curse words
                           sheers ,,,
                                  scoty b

Yrys said:
Sorry, you've got a few BMQ, Q,  andexercises before being autorised to embark on the ship   >:D

So being a armoured crewman with a love for "rocket man" by Elton John and "David Bowie's "space oddity" don't cut it....

Guess I spend the next few years sitting in my tank singing......"ground control to major..."

"this is 22c to 29...  you really made the grade...and the papers want to know who shirt you wear..."

oh never mind
                            cheers,,,
                                 scoty b
can i still sign up?

recceguy said:

N/P

Did Danny Williams already start in trying to get the thing built in Newfoundland yet? ;D

In search of space Cod....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhSYbRiYwTY

p.s I am getting that hair cut.

Do I qualify? I was a space case for a few days last week due to the wisdom teeth coming out. See, I'm so smart they had to take them out, they were afraid I was going to apply for the tasking and be TOO smart :D. Sorry, still coming off of the Oxy, I'm sorry if I'm still loopy.

Chapeski said:
Do I qualify? I was a space case for a few days last week due to the wisdom teeth coming out.

Depends. How many were 'take out' at the same time  :D ?

Hey!

People that like outspace mission just got a better offer  :)

They don't seem to say what are the criteria for the applicants .

Well, I had one taken out 2 weeks ago, then last week I had the other 3 taken out. But the dope, er, medication they gave me, definite cloud 9 stuff for sure :D

Yrys said:
Hey!

People that like outspace mission just got a better offer  :)

They don't seem to say what are the criteria for the applicants .

And me without a cam corder... :(

recceguy said:

Naw I will going to break out the great galatic Lord Xenu, he'll give his followers Mecha, and really who doesn't want their own Mech Warrior?

Yrys said:

It's time.

CSA accepting applications for astronaut program

The Canadian Space Agency is seeking applicants looking for a job that's out of this world. It's launched a recruitment drive in its search for two new astronauts
and a backup pool of about 20 others. The last time the CSA went looking for new astronauts was back in 1992 -- about a decade after its only other recruitment
drive in 1983. That's when the agency hired astronaut Steve MacLean, who went into space aboard the shuttles Columbia in 1992 and Atlantis in 2006.

MacLean, now the CSA's chief astronaut, said that the agency is looking for people with science, engineering or medical backgrounds who have "excelled in the
profession they've chosen."

The competition will be tough. Within 24 hours of announcing the official opening of the online recruitment drive on Thursday, the space agency had already received
600 applications. Both in 1992 and 1983, about 5,000 hopeful astronauts sent in applications. MacLean says that this time he believes about 10,000 people may apply.
Although the chances of success may appear daunting for applicants, MacLean said the odds shouldn't dissuade people from trying.

"You know, back in 1983 when I saw the application, I thought 10,000 people will apply for that, so I don't have a chance -- and I didn't apply," he said. But then he got
a phone call and was encouraged to give it a shot because of his professional background. "When I realized it was possible, I applied," he said.

So, what types of people have the right stuff to be an astronaut? "That's a good question," MacLean said, noting the importance of a science background.

But he also said the agency is also looking for some key personality traits. Applicants should be able to work well in teams, and they need to be both leaders and
followers, he said. For those wondering what an astronaut gets paid, MacLean said the monetary rewards are good. Astronauts start out earning about $100,000
a year and the salary tops off at about $160,000.

But the real reward of the job may have very little to do with money. According to the CSA, the successful applicants will have the opportunity to take part in
long-duration space flights to the International Space Station. They'll also get a chance to be a part of history by helping to build and maintain the station, and
they'll get to do research they couldn't do here on earth.

Facts about Canada's space program:

* Canadian astronauts have flown in 13 space flights over the past 24 years
    * Astronauts Julie Payette and Robert Thirsk are slated for shuttle missions in 2009
    * CSA's annual budget from Ottawa is about $300 million
    * There are currently six active astronauts

Back