• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Combat engineer, can they become a sniper?

XDSmithy

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone, im joining up soon to join as a combat engineer and i want to become an eod tech and later on was thinking about becoming a sniper or try to become a jtf2 member, i was want to know if its just infantry that can become them or if combat engineers can as well, thanks

XDSmithy said:
Hey everyone, im joining up soon to join as a combat engineer and i want to become an eod tech and later on was thinking about becoming a sniper or try to become a jtf2 member, i was want to know if its just infantry that can become them or if combat engineers can as well, thanks

Definition straight from forces.ca:

SNIPER
A specialty of the Infantry Soldier occupation.

dev_tech said:
Keep in mind that JTF recruits from all MOCs.  Worry about BMQ before JTF.  There's a waiting period before you can join.
Your best bet: find an MOC you could do until you retire if you don't make the cut.  Bust your *** and work out.  Apply whenever you can.  Take any courses offerred.  Serve The Queen loyally.
If you want to be an assaulter, I would imagine (I'm by far not an expert in the matter) combat arms would help a lot.  They want (again, I assume) people who know how to do heavy ground work.

Just an addendum:  I'm not even in BMQ, yet.  I do have certain family members who trained PT.  JTF2 is serious business.  Get fit.  And by fit, I mean FIT.  Like, run 10k quite easily.  Not by any means an expert opinion, but yeah.  JTF is more than being good on CoD with the M16 and  M203.  Just basic heresay.  Being special forces is serious business.  I know a few people who would beat me dead who wouldn't make the cut.

Back