• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Change of MOC's on Application

• Thread starter Thread starter RyanNS
  • Start date Start date
R

RyanNS

I am currently in my last year of university, will be graduating this summer and when I finish school will almost 100% be pursuing a career in the Canadian Forces. I have already submitted one application through a recruiting center in Sydney, NS but then moved to Halifax. The recruiting center in Halifax then began to transfer my application from Sydney to Halifax and in the meantime asked me to fill out another application. Here is where the problem arises, on my first application I chose only one MOC, MARS (Navy DEO) but on my second application I had a change of heart and chose Pilot as my first MOC and MARS as second. This all occured about 2 months ago and in the meantime I have seriously considered changing my number one MOC choice again. The reason for this is that I have been doing a great deal of research into every possible career path within the C.F. which has really opened my eyes and mind to other possibilities. Now my question is, will changing my MOC choice again reflect poorly on me or be held against me when my application is being processed and they are considering me as a future member of the C.F.? I know if I was looking at an applicant that had changed his MOC choice on three seperate occasions I might tend to not take the person all that serious or think that he might not be all that commited. Hopefully this is not the case and when I do finally pinpoint the path I would like to take that they accept me and I can become a contributing member of the C.F. Just to add another point, I have yet to take the aptitude test, physical or any other part of the application process. The only part I have completed so far was passing in my application(s). Sorry if that was a little long winded. Thanks for any help/info.

Ryan

Well when i handed my application in the recruiter told me to fill out all 6 mocs so i did in order of my preferance, then in my interview with my military career counseller i was informed i should narrow it down to three and i did, i was also told that it would not affect my application whatsoever

Thanks for the reply Paish. This is the type of info I am looking forĀ  8) It helps ease my mind ahaha.

When I first applied I went in for Reg force. When it came to my written testing time I switched my application to Reserves. They didn't have a problem with it, just had to do some minor changes to the application. But just before final submission of my file to be sent to Borden I switched to Reg force. CFRC didn't have a problem with the changes, they just want you to be sure of where you want to be before final submission. It's been close to 8 months total for my application process, alot can happen during that timeframe so I think they factor that in too.

Back