• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CFAT Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

styles_888

Inactive
Reaction score
Considering it is such a popular subject, I Wrote my CFAT today and although we can't discuss specifics; I would like to add my 2 cents.

Anyone stressing over the actual test is only adding fuel to the fire.  The only thing that made me nervous was reading posts from this forum.

APTITUDE TEST
noun
-A standardized test designed to predict an individual's ability to learn certain skills

My opinion is... If you don't feel confident in your own personal knowledge and abilities then grow some balls or at least read a book.

All five recruits present qualified for their trade of choice, including myself.

D :cdn:

styles_888 said:
Considering it is such a popular subject, I Wrote my CFAT today and although we can't discuss specifics; I would like to add my 2 cents.

Anyone stressing over the actually test is only adding fuel to the fire.  The only thing that made me nervous was reading posts from this forum.

APTITUDE TEST
noun
-A standardized test designed to predict an individual's ability to learn certain skills

My opinion is... If you don't feel confident in your own personal knowledge and abilities then grow some balls or at least read a book.

All five recruits present qualified for their trade of choice, including myself.

And what trade by chance we're you aiming for?

styles_888 said:

It's all well and good to feel cocky AFTER qualifying for your trade, but that doesn't mean a person who is nervous before writing the test needs to 'grow some balls'. The unknown can be intimidating, especially when your career aspirations are on the line (i.e. do well = qualify for the job I want, NOT do well = sorry, pick another job or try again). This is also a test that one can only write twice in his/her lifetime. When I wrote my test, there were two other applicants writing with me, and one guy said he had "failed by 2 points" the last time, so this was his LAST kick at the cat. I think his nervousness was more than understandable in that case. If he didn't have balls, he wouldn't be back writing the test a second time! I didn't stick around to find out if he got his trade - it really was none of my business how he did on the test, but I hope that he got it.

Congrats on getting your trade, by the way. ;)

Celticgirl said:
It's all well and good to feel cocky AFTER qualifying for your trade, but that doesn't mean a person who is nervous before writing the test needs to 'grow some balls'. The unknown can be intimidating, especially when your career aspirations are on the line (i.e. do well = qualify for the job I want, NOT do well = sorry, pick another job or try again). This is also a test that one can only write twice in his/her lifetime. When I wrote my test, there were two other applicants writing with me, and one guy said he had "failed by 2 points" the last time, so this was his LAST kick at the cat. I think his nervousness was more than understandable in that case. If he didn't have balls, he wouldn't be back writing the test a second time! I didn't stick around to find out if he got his trade - it really was none of my business how he did on the test, but I hope that he got it.

Congrats on getting your trade, by the way. ;)

Hmmm, Thanks for the reply.

I guess my point was missed.  Let me put it into the following perspective.

If someone is nervous answering common sense questions on a computer, imagine them on the battle front?

"cocky" ??? Maybe you meant confident...

styles_888 said:
If someone is nervous answering common sense questions on a computer, imagine them on the battle front?

I don't quite see the correlation.

styles_888 said:
"cocky" ??? Maybe you meant confident...

If you say so.  ;D  "Confident" is usually something you are before the event, not after.

Lock it and then ban the originator for starting another useless CFAT thread.

... and a lock - back by popular demand.

Army.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back